Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Financial Services Representative will respond to patient/responsible party via telephone, in person and written contacts in a professional manner and according to Revenue Operations guideline. They will processes patient receivables, and special requests in accordance with office policy and procedures. They are responsible for coordinating and processing registration reports and issues.
If you are located within a commutable distance to Worcester, MA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* asa you take on some tough challenges.
- Processes incoming telephone calls, correspondence, visiting patients, responsible parties and guarantors in a timely and professional manner
- Follows up on all requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Counsels patients/responsible parties on third party insurance issues, charges and self- pay balances
- Educates patients on insurance coverage and payment alternatives, including budgets and courtesy programs
- Assists with monitoring all electronic medical record registration interfaces
- Assists in processing accounts eligible for bad debt and collection agency submission
- Coordinates issues with providers and collection agencies in a professional manner
- Accurately posts self-pay type payments according to standard procedures. Resolves refund and credit balance issues
- Makes outgoing collection and inquiry telephone calls to patients/ responsible parties as directed
- Communicates and interfaces with providers, staff, patients, family members and others to ensure high-quality patient care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Billing experience or experience within the healthcare industry
- Experience with third party billing
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.