Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The purpose of the Product Stream Quality Management (PSQM) program is to identify product stream conditions that are potentially corrosive and may affect the integrity of Enterprise pipeline systems; then alert Operations and Corrosion Prevention Management of the disruption.
The Product Stream Quality Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and deploy a product stream quality monitoring program, including monitoring methods, frequency, and data management.
- Assist the Operations & Maintenance, Measurement and Corrosion Prevention groups in the identification and analysis of product stream conditions that may affect the integrity of Enterprise pipeline systems.
- Integrate new assets into the PSQM Program.
- Conduct full system review of all new assets to be integrated, including critical pipeline system characteristics and historical operating information.
- Prepare system maps for aid in completion of the system reviews.
- Utilize Program and industry processes and procedures to:
- Identify product quality deviations.
- Determine the existence of corrosive constituents.
- Establish appropriate flow characteristics/conditions necessary for the prevention of internal corrosion, specific to each system.
- Establish maximum tolerable contaminant levels
- Diagnose abnormal conditions that may produce internal corrosion in pipelines on an ongoing basis.
- Provide technical support and recommendations to the Corrosion Prevention Management team members to mitigate and control internal corrosion in gas and liquids pipelines.
- Become familiar with all Enterprise gas and liquids systems, the placement of meters and recording devises within those systems, and their changing flow patterns.
- Work with third party chemical providers to evaluate product performance, chemical injection rates, corrosion coupon results, bacteria analysis, and other information relevant to support the internal corrosion program of Enterprise pipeline system.
- Establish and communicate unannounced spot tests to be performed.
- Prepare and present monthly results reports, including Excursion Reports, Spot Tests and Upset Report, to inform the applicable parties of possible corrosive environments within our systems.
- Maintain databases to record the discovery of corrosive contaminants and the resulting actions taken to mitigate their effect on the integrity of the pipelines involved.
- Access and review current commercial contracts with producer/shippers, while giving particular attention to product quality standards and corrective action initiatives.
- Periodically review program documents to identify area of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
A minimum an associate degree in science or technical discipline with 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft office and computer data base analysis with ability to quickly learn new applications is required.
- NACE certification is preferred
- Experience in corrosion control / internal corrosion is preferred.
- Experience in pipeline operations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of various Federal and State Pipeline regulations is a plus.
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Data Management