Fabricates steel, aluminum, plastic parts and bends to shape through use of shears, punches, press brakes and box brakes, manual and CNC equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Review product drawings to determine best method for creating the product as specified and verify flat pattern drawing accuracy to ensure that finished part dimensions are achieved.
- Prepare materials by identifying and staging in proper location.
- Set up manual and NC machines by determining tooling to use, number of bends/cuts required and location.
- Verify all set ups and layouts by reviewing with Team Leader or co-worker.
- Produce material requirements by shearing sheet metal to size; punching sheared or cut material with punch; form sheet metal, extrusions and steel per drawings or work orders for final product or next operation.
- Ensure maximum yield by nesting materials as applicable.
- Train agency workers and others on proper equipment use and the production of materials according to drawings or other specifications.
- Ensure that equipment and tools remain in good working order through regular and consistent inspection and repair.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); eighteen months metal fabrication or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine notes and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as decimal to fractional conversion, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to use measuring tapes, machinist rule, dial indicators, calipers, squares and protractors.
Pay: $13.50 hr
Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday 3:30 pm - 2:00 am
8111 N Sam Houston Pkwy W suite 500
Houston, TX 77064
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
• Resumes may be emailed to Esmeralda.Garza@[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sheet Metal Mechanic (2nd Shift)
• Call our office
281 931 7100
• apply online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sheet Metal Mechanic (2nd Shift)
select the North Houston office
Express works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, including full-time, part-time, and temporary positions. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, State, and Location Name, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable federal, state and local law, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
Punching (Metal Forming)