Effectively and efficiently conduct tests on all Division products in accordance with specification requirements. Be knowledgeable of all military specifications; particularly, as relates to product testing. Be familiar with laboratory equipment, be capable of making test set-ups, conducting the test, gathering all pertinent data, and providing an analysis of the data. Make necessary repairs to laboratory equipment.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES (LIST IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Conduct testing in accordance with required specifications.
2. Conduct testing in accordance with the laboratory safety manual and recognized safety procedures.
3. Develop new and more efficient methods for testing the products.
4. Assist other engineering personnel in the evaluation and analysis of test data.
5. Make circuit calculations as required to assure correct voltage, current and power factor levels for short circuit and endurance testing.
6. Gather test data in a precise and logical manner and record in such a manner that data is not misunderstood.
7. Operate the laboratory test equipment within it s safe and recommend rating.
8. Maintain test equipment in good working condition and update, where necessary.
9. Make repairs to test equipment, as required.
10. Recommend design changes or modifications based on test results to assure optimum product performance.
11. Preparation of certification test reports.
12. Preparation of purchase requisitions for acquisition of test equipment or supplies needed by laboratory.Additional Job Requirements:
Temporary to permanent test engineers to support the testing of the DC OR switchboards testing for Electric Board and circuit breaker testing.
Position requires US citizenship only - suppliers must screen and notate in the submittals that candidates are only a citizen of the US (do not hold citizenship or passport with another country).
A security clearance is not needed at this time, but may be required at a future date. Candidates must be able to obtain.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.