Flagstar Bank, with nearly $20 billion in assets, is currently looking for a Director of Digital Strategy. The Director of Digital Strategy will have responsibility for crafting our digital strategy and leading digital transformation initiatives across the Bank. The Director of Digital Strategy identifies emerging digital opportunities and threats and partners with the organization to develop an approach for addressing. This person provides leadership to develop and implement technology initiatives in support of that strategy. They participate in strategic business planning, bringing current knowledge and future technology vision of systems as it relates to the Bank’s digital position. The Director of Digital Strategy is responsible for leading a responsive, cohesive, forward-thinking team and driving delivery of their strategy.
- Acts as the product owner of key digital properties and defines critical requirements to ensure platform success.
- Collaborates with the Chief Information Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Chief Product Officer as well as other senior leaders to implement the digital vision for the enterprise.
- Leads the development of cross functional digital business strategies and roadmap, and participates in the enterprise capital planning process by providing business case and justification of new ideas.
- Acts as the champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain enterprise digital capabilities for the mid and long term.
- Defines and reports on digital business KPIs and metrics that represent progress against digital goals.
- Stays abreast of changes or advancements in digital technology and trends to help the Bank gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of business experience, ideally in business management, IT management, or marketing with a minimum of 3+ years focused in digital strategy
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs particularly as a Sr. Manager, VP, Director, or CIO
- Experience with financial services or digital enterprises preferred
- Experience gathering and transforming customer and business needs into an actionable roadmap that drives business results and resolution
- Skilled at creating fact-based business cases and recommendations in a clear, logical, and concise way; “tell a story” with data
- Deep understanding of the evolving digital world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology) and the supply side (emerging technologies)
- Strong business acumen, including domain-specific knowledge of financial services and banking
- Previous work overseeing metrics and reporting clearly and accurately on progress against goals
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly cross-functional environment
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including presentation development
- Compelling and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
- Experience in maintaining budget and spend within project guidelines and approvals
- Strong project management skills with proven success hitting milestones and remaining on budget
- Ability to present information and concepts clearly to achieve understanding by all stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in a high pressure environment
- Actively stays abreast of emerging technology, tools and processes
Internal Use Only: Band B
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 05523
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.