We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
Inspect and perform repairs and preventive maintenance of plant machinery and equipment. Perform all tasks with safety and quality in mind and in accordance with established procedures and process instructions. Take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times.
- Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers.
- Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail.
- Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures.
- Repair and maintain equipment under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Leadperson, or Maintenance Repairer A.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and operating difficulties with limited supervision.
- Assist in making repairs and adjustments with higher rated maintenance people.
- Assist in equipment rebuilding.
- Effect repairs and adjustments, where familiar.
- Complete minor electrical maintenance, such as replacing fuses, motors and switches.
- Perform cutting, welding, fabrication, rigging, and motor, drive and belt alignment.
- Read and interpret machine drawings, parts diagrams, basic pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Maintain written records or make entries to maintenance information systems as necessary.
- Communicate with supervisor, operations management, plant engineering, etc. regarding major repairs and repetitive problems.
- Secure proper tools for each task
- Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation
- Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member
- Perform other assignments as may be requested
- Requires advanced shop math, complicated drawings and formulas, variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Over one year, and up to three years of experience.
- Judgement to perform work and make decisions as to setups and quality.
Required Skills and Education
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.