To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Career Opportunities at Nelson • Lafayette, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Job Number: 2132815
Location: Lafayette, CA
Duration: 4 Month Contract
Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Surgery Scheduling While adhering to the SEBMF/EBPMG guidelines for scheduling surgeries
- Defining physician's availability for the requested procedure
- Coordinating the time for the procedure with the patient
- Securing insurance authorization for the procedure
- Scheduling of all pre-operative appointments, post- operative appointments and follow up care with the appropriate departments
- Ensuring that the primary surgeon and assist have received notification of all cases one (1) week in advance of the scheduled procedure
- Prepare all pre-operative packets for delivery to the OR (1) week in advance of the scheduled procedures
- Communicate all surgery-related information to the patient and ensure they understand the information
- Prepare all pre-operative forms including surgery date, time, location and medication information to the patient within one week of surgery
- Participate in improving the quality of patient care by reporting problems to the Patient Services Supervisor
- One year of experience working in a surgical physician's office or care center.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Knowledge of computers and their applications
- Knowledge of surgery scheduling processes is important for this position
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicates effectively in English
- Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. fax, photocopy machine, scanner etc.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail.
- The ability to learn SEBMF computer systems to include EPIC, Microsoft Office, etc.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
*** Please reply with resume in Word Doc if interested in this position.
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com http://www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."