Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
27 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
27hr position for ICU/SD. The AP works 2 - 13.5 hr shifts- day/night weekends
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Nurse Practitioner (APRN) / PA - Neuroscience ICU - Part Time
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital. Hartford Hospital performed the first successful heart transplant in the state, and pioneered the use of robotics in surgery. We maintain the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, and operate the state’s only air ambulance system, LIFE STAR.
About the Hartford HealthCare Ayer Neuroscience Institute
Hartford HealthCare is Connecticut’s most comprehensive health care network, including a tertiary-care teaching hospital and level one trauma center, five community-based acute-care hospitals, an extensive behavioral health network, large multi-specialty physician group, regional home care system, an array of senior care services, and a vast rehabilitation network. The Ayer Neuroscience Institute brings together a highly specialized and dedicated team with the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver the most advanced neurological and neurosurgical care to patients. These experts come together to offer comprehensive care for epilepsy, stroke, movement disorders, headache, spinal conditions, hearing and balance problems, sleep disorders, neuromuscular disease, pain, and neuro-oncology.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
The Neuroscience Critical Care Team is committed to creating an innovative patient centered care model that continuously improves quality and the patient experience. The Advanced Practice Providers (APP) are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for complex neuroscience patients with a focus on those with neurological and neurosurgical diseases and related disorders. Our patient population includes complex strokes, skull base surgery, status epilepticus, tumor resections, spinal cord injury, DBS, and other complex diseases. The APP would rotate in the intensive care unit and stepdown units. The APP works in collaboration with attending intensivist, fellows, residents, and primary admitting team and consultants.
Responsibilities include managing multiple patients with variety of diseases, performing comprehensive physical assessments, interpretation of diagnostic results, hemodynamic/ventilator management, daily progress notes, patient/family education and meetings. There is an extensive training with a 6 month immersion orientation. Supervision is provided to the APP for skills such as arterial lines, central lines, chest tubes, feeding tubes, and transcranial dopplers.
Shift: Part-time, 27 hours. Weekend/Nights/Holiday rotation required. (Differentials offered.)
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- AGACNP Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner and / or critical care AP experience.
- Neurology experience is preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Ancc Certified
- Advanced Automatic Collision Notification