You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Junior Project Engineer
Provide program and project level assistance in support of the United States Army Corps of Engineers - Middle East District. Understand all aspects of project life cycles and provide management assistance in planning, scoping, development, design, engineering, and construction for complex military construction efforts. Participate in both executive and project level engagements such as kick-off meetings, design and engineering conferences, project management reviews, and project review boards.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which Acuity International is recognized. Actively support and uphold the Company's stated vision, mission, and values.
- Work collaboratively across functionally diverse teams to develop management solutions and resolve complex engineering challenges.
- Prepare presentations on behalf of the USACE project managers to be presented to executive leadership, case holders, and customers.
- Manage project financials and prepare budgets for planning through construction phases (labor, design, engineering, and contracted services).
- Facilitate the development of resource-loaded design and construction schedules utilizing Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Monitor project and contractor performance using Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics to formulate risk-informed decisions.
- Act as assistant project manager and perform the duties of the USACE project managers when necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have fundamental understanding of principles and methods concerning project management, planning, and scheduling, cost management and control and tools.
- Must hold an appropriate 4-year degree
- 0-6 years' experience in business planning, cost management, and/or engineering
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Good eye/hand coordination required.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:Acuity - PT&C, LLC
- Business Planning
- Earned Value Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g2mcvbj
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.