My name is La Vonna Willis and I help place candidates, such as yourself, in positions over all geographic regions for Apex Systems, Inc., the second largest staffing firm in the United States.
I currently have a Patient Care Coordinator position located in Canton MI. If interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please respond with a copy of your Word resume and the best time and phone number I can contact you on at Email blocked - click to apply
I look forward to speaking with you!
Job Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Location: Canton MI 48188
Start Date: August 12th
Projected Contract length: 4 month contract to hire
Hours: M-F 8 AM - 8 PM
Provides new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients’ suggestions and complaints.
- Records and processes orders and/or inquiries received by fax, mail, telephone, and/or through patient direct contact.
- Provides timely response to patients’ inquiries by telephone and/or email in an in or outbound service center, consistent with service and quality standards.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedules information within established guidelines.
- Receives inbound and outbound calls to patients or MD Offices regarding orders for medications, pharmacy services and all other inquiries.
- Coordinates patient care by scheduling orders, communicating information to the patient regarding shipments, assessing supply needs, verifying patient information, notifying the pharmacist of issues or changes in the patient’s condition.
- Provides correct information or directs the call to the appropriate team member or department while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Ensures that good patients’ relations are maintained and patients’ claims and complaints are resolved fairly and effectively.
- Creates patient activities as a reminder for the following tasks including but not limited to follow-up calls for patients, to initiate discharge of service, to contact a patient's doctor's office, to mail a letter to a patient, and any other reminders necessary as it relates to a patient's care.
- Contacts the pharmacists to alert them of any changes in patient's condition, compliance issues due to patient not taking medication or side effects, or to transfer a patient directly to pharmacist for counseling.
- Complete all additional special handling duties as assigned including but not limited to drug shipment notifications and Adverse Drug Event Reports.
- Complete other stages of the order process as assigned including but not limited to scanning prescriptions, imagine indexing, preQA, load insurance information, run test claims, work issues and facilitate prior authorizations.
Provides typed documentation of all communications received from calls and provides notification of any urgent orders, shipping related issues and any errors, complaints or compliments to the appropriate party or system
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178