To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- Vaco - Memphis
- Phone: 901-415-1777
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inventory Control Manager
Vaco Logistics • Memphis, TN
Posted 1 month ago
We are working with a client that is looking for an Inventory Control Manager. Assist senior warehouse management with planning, appraising, disciplining and rewarding employees. Under general supervision, coordinates inventory control functions to include operational procedures (receiving, shipping, cycle counting, physical inventory, variance resolution and re-processing).
- Supervise personnel to include forklift operators, inventory counters as related to inventory activities.
- Responsible for pulling/returning merchandise for QC and re-processing as requested.
- Drives inventory management team to manage processes, maintain quality standards and consistently work to identify better and more efficient methods for managing the inventories.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies.
- Assist senior warehouse management with staffing to include interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Assembles and participates in inventory team meetings to improve processes, eliminate waste, increase quality and reduce costs.
- Perform cycle counts on active, phase-out and zero locked items.
- Performs receiving paperwork audits to reduce vendor paybacks and promote department accuracy.
- Perform audits to ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Ensures all team members understand the importance of accuracy for inventory integrity and customer service.
- Researches, investigates, and resolves inventory control problems.
- Develops reports reflecting cycle counting and audit results.
- Maintains computerized and paper records and generates inventory reports with recommendations.
- May conduct or supervise regularly scheduled or ad-hoc department projects of limited scope, as assigned.
- Responsible for developing and managing the departments' performance metrics.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes for optimization of inventory management.
- Maintain awareness of loss prevention, security and safety, following human resource guidelines.
- Ensures all employees assigned to his/her area of responsibility follow all policies and procedures and holds them accountable for any deficiencies.
- Responsible for maintaining the BMS system.
- Assists in the planning and execution of physical inventories.
- 5 years of overall knowledge of warehouse operations
- 3 years of supervisory experiences with emphasis in principles and practices of inventory management
- Able to work on flexible hours when needed to meet business requirement
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills such as vlookup, pivot tables, use of formulas to build inventory reporting
REF # 172647