Arconic Engines is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted super alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. Arconic Engines is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Arconic Engines is seeking a Program Manager with a hands-on style to provide NPI (New Production Introduction) leadership for our location in Whitehall, Michigan. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan and 45 minutes away from Grand Rapids, our Whitehall facility is home to some of the most cutting edge manufacturing technology for the aerospace industry.
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine NPI programs within the Arconic, Whitehall Casting facility. The program manager will lead cross-functional teams from pre-quote and concurrent engineering through the production launch of all programs. They will ensure each program meets or exceeds original customer and internal program commitments (delivered on time, within budget, at target cost and expected yields).
The following activities will be involved in meeting these requirements:
- Ensuring the goals, scope and deliverables are clearly defined and communicated to the team for each program.
- Support a detailed execution plan working with the NPI Department Manager and team members from different functional disciplines (engineering, manufacturing, commercial, scheduling, quality) in an effort to ensure the timely completion of the plan.
- Maintain detailed action lists for all programs and working closely with the engineering and operational teams to ensure they are completed on time and within the budget; this process will involve a detailed review of the daily overdue tasks list and follow up during the daily management meeting
- Identify gaps and/or risks to the program and drive mitigation plans to avoid delays or unnecessary expenses; this will include obtaining the commitment of the various functional discipline leaders to ensure the overall recovery of the program
- Conducting regular program reviews with all stake holders, both internal and external, regarding program status, pending action items, recent developments and program needs.
- Utilize the PM (Program Management) software toolset to ensure cross-functional team members work collectively to complete the necessary tasks on time and provide weekly status updates for each program
- Ensuring that any disconnects between functional areas are resolved in a timely manner by driving conflict resolution.
- Elevate critical path issues to the management team if desired results are not achieved
The program manager will report out the status of the NPI portfolio for their facility to the General Manager of the business segment on a regular basis.
They will champion the deployment of the APP PM process in their facility.
The PM will be expected to contribute to the continuously improving delivery performance of the PMO through best practice identification/formulation, validation, documentation and communication. As a corollary, they will lead the lessons learned process for each completed project and communicate findings to executive management.Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a business or technical area from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with launching new product development programs, including working directly with the customer.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Working knowledge of the investment casting business.
- Investment casting experience in Arconic or competitor manufacturing facilities qualifying new programs.
- Program/project management experience is required.
- Significant experience in investment castings (engr. and/or mfg.) strongly preferred.
- Ability to think through complex development projects and identify gaps in plans, risks and opportunities with the boldness to elevate when necessary.
- Experience managing a new product development portfolio.
- Must be self-driven with outstanding organization skills, self discipline and an acute sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a matrix organizational structure to leverage shared resources and complete programs on time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- APQP/PFMEA/PPAP/SPC experience preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing a plus
- PMP certification preferred
Production Part Approval Process
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Statistical Process Controls