ARTS & SCIENCES; DEAN (BL-ARSD-IUBLA)Department Information
The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest academic unit at Indiana University Bloomington. It is composed of 40+ departments, 50+ Centers, Programs, and Institutes, while also including the Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture and Design, the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies, and The Media School. Faculty in the College teach over 50 percent of the Indiana University (Bloomington) credit hours in 80+ buildings on the Bloomington campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences' Office of Advancement handles development, stewardship, and alumni relations.
The College values diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core strength and essential element in the success of its educational mission. For the full diversity statement, click here. Job Summary
Specific department responsibilities:
- Creates compelling, user-centered visual design concepts for websites and web applications, optimizing the use of screen layout and user interface elements.
- Consults with communication teams, website stakeholders and/or web developers to review existing, and consider new, website/webpage designs; comes up with design concepts and drafts website and web application mock-ups.
- Provides creative design solutions that enhance the visual experience for users, taking into consideration varying presentation formats (mobile vs. desktop).
- Performs quality assurance checks and corrects design issues; implements accessibility and usability best practices.
- Acts as a liaison between communications/marketing teams, stakeholders, and web developers to translate design concepts to websites and web applications, ensuring optimum functionality, performance, and scalability.
- Ensures that all website and web application designs comply with university web design standards and protocols; researches and stays up-to-date with web design techniques and approaches to improve the visual appeal and performance of websites.
- Maximizes the capabilities of the Salesforce Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Cloud platform infrastructure to help achieve the College's overall advancement goals through creation and distribution of digital mailers.
- Creates innovative and effective marketing and communication strategies that drive traffic to the Office of Advancement's events, programs, and online publications.
- Inspires alumni engagement and shares the impact of philanthropy through robust, personalized communication.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field).
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of web design or related experience.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Experience in digital marketing and communications, utilizing SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, and front-end web development.
- Experience in higher education communications or marketing.
- Web content management system skills with an understanding of best practices related to user experience and other current trends in digital and website design.
- E-mail marketing and data segmentation skills, experience with Salesforce (or similar systems), and familiarity with SQL.
- Experience working with Google Analytics (or similar reporting tools) and experience applying insights to web, e-mail, and social media with the goal of supporting and improving best practices and strategies that increase awareness of the College, encourage engagement, and generate measurable, specific calls to action.
- Expert project management skills with a high degree of self-motivation and personal organization, including the ability to manage and meet a busy schedule of digital creation, production, and execution.
- Expert written communications skills with the ability to read and edit e-mail and other digital content and assess its relevance and quality in relation to the strategic goals of the project.
- Knowledge of branding, marketing, and public communications principles, including digital and web communication strategies.
- Experience working in a client relations or customer service role with the ability to relate both professionally and in a friendly manner to constituents and colleagues, and to provide high-quality customer service to a wide variety of constituents.
- Experience working in a higher education environment and/or at IU.
- Ability to carry out market research, including surveys and focus groups, to assess the effectiveness of web-based communications efforts.
- Ability to articulate and engage with the vision and strategic priorities of the College's advancement communications mission with an appreciation for and ability to relate enthusiastically to the mission and values of a liberal arts-focused institution.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and team spirit, a willingness to ask questions, help problem-solve, and support team members when projects are nearing completion deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$46,675.20 annually.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Web Admin, Design, & Develop
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Front End Web Designer (Assistant Director of Advancement Communications)
or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
- Attention To Detail
- Business Relationship Management