To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Acquisitions & Business Development
ExecuNet • Seattle, WA
Posted 1 month ago
The Vice President, Acquisitions and Business Development (ABDVP) provides both leadership and execution capacity related to optimization of the company’s timberland assets and other investments, including partnerships. The ABDVP is responsible for sourcing, underwriting and executing on acquisition opportunities and managing the divestiture process for identified properties. Additionally, the ABDVP manages the strategic analysis and execution of non-traditional business opportunities and revenue streams (e.g., carbon, mitigation banking, solar leases, etc.)
The ABDVP is both an internal and external facing position. Job responsibilities will require frequent interaction with members of the Resource Management Team, financial team and operating managers in the divisions. Additionally, the ABDVP is expected to maintain a high profile in the industry and to cultivate potential transaction counter-parties, partners and conservation entities.
The ABDVP reports administratively to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
The following is a list of general job responsibilities. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide leadership for the analysis, underwriting and execution of major investment-related decisions; participate in integration planning and execution as required.
- Prepare/manage discounted cash flow models and other financial and market analysis in support of potential management recommendations; validate the reasonableness of underlying key assumptions.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to execute on investment-related strategies; facilitate the participation of the divisions to ensure effective due diligence and underwriting processes; determine key drivers for a successful transaction based, in part, on input from division level resources; develop buy-in for final model assumptions.
- Manage the sourcing of new business opportunities related to existing timberland ownership including conservation sales, partnerships and alternative revenue streams.
- Develop, enhance and support the company’s analytical resources; elevate the company’s resources to improve overall analytical capability and increase capacity to support asset optimization and operational effectiveness.
- Create thoughtful, objective and concise memoranda and presentations in support of proposed investment decisions for the benefit of the company’s management team, Board of Directors and co-investors.
- Provide analytical, due diligence and market research support for ad hoc strategic initiatives as requested.
- Serve as a key contact for partners, industry representatives and potential counter-parties for business development priorities/strategic initiatives.
- Manage the analysis of past investments to gauge actual performance vs forecasted results.
- Lead the annual internal valuation of the company’s assets.
- Support the Treasury function as required to support cash flow forecasting and execution of Section 1031 exchange transactions.
- Manage relevant industry (e.g., RISI, Forisk, FEA, etc.) and internal databases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Economics, Business or a related field.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Forestry, Forest Economics or MBA.
- Minimum: 10-15 years of related experience including business analytics and supervision responsibility, preferably within the forest products industry.
- Superior strategic, analytical and creative thinker; intellectually curious.
- Commitment to superior work product with capability to manage quality, accuracy and consistency.
- Experience leading complex, transformative and unique endeavors, and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Superior financial modeling skills; thorough understanding of financial concepts and investment evaluation methodologies; strong overall business acumen.
- Ability to be effective both as an independent contributor and as a senior team member (i.e., “player-coach”); ability to effectively function in a team environment, supervise/develop direct reports and influence others not in a direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated sound negotiation skills.
- Commitment to share knowledge, coach and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be effective in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; confident public speaking style.
- Strong work ethic, capacity to multi-task, detail orientation and capable of dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment.
- Ability to foster and support a diverse, ethical and respectful workplace.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills.