CORPORATE STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Working with a fantastic Twin Cities based organization who has seen double digit growth each of the past 5 years! This dynamic Corporate Accountant role will work with accounting management to perform a wide range of accounting duties. This position will be responsible for executing the tasks related to the monthly/quarterly accounting closes and ensuring the accuracy of the internal financial statements and reports. This position will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager. Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of G/L Accounting experience under their belt and have a style that works well in a faster-paced/high-growth environment.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial operations for the monthly accounting close process
• Support the close process within the designated time frame while taking ownership of the assigned tasks related to the month-end financial close
• Perform/review financial statements and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
• Assist team members with preparation of financial statements
• Partner with senior management and staff on business and financial matters as required and/or needed providing direction, training, and information
• Support the Accounting Manager on driving accounting compliance throughout organization
• Assist senior management with any other special projects as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 2 years of General Ledger Accounting experience
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Strong problem solving analytical skills
• Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or re-prioritization of projects.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Compensation: $50,000 to $56,000 + bonus
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles