You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living -- you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee is Safelite's entry point into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay and bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in work-life balance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- Medical coverage with plans customized to best suit your needs
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and technologies.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent required.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Defensive Driving