The Class A Welder is responsible for performing complex, quality plastic fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fabricate welded items with minimal supervision
- Capable of laying out materials required for cutting, drilling, welding, tools and equipment for any operations.
- Read and understand drawings, bill of materials, job order requirements.
- Use various types of Saws (table, panel, and band); Drill Press and Router.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other lower level classification welders.
- Knowledge and experience to perform complete quality inspection of products fabricated.
- Consistent and predictable attendance.
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations.
TALENTS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a “B” welder with 3 or more years experience with any plastic fabrication (polyethylene and polypropylene); must understand properities of plastic.
- Good math skills.
- Must be able to read and understand advanced blueprints and sketches.
- Must be able to set up tools (drills, routerbit, chamfer); pull up various programs and run CNC Router.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
- HS Diploma required
- Technical School preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in a climate controlled factory environment.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Heavy lifting is involved (up to 50 lbs.)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.