KEPRO is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting. KEPRO is seeking resumes for a highly experienced professional.
The Vice President of IT Business Solutions will be responsible for providing innovative vision, strategy, and leadership in technology use, planning, development, and support. This individual will work in conjunction with the Senior Vice President, Information Technology Services (SVP, ITS) to collaborate directly with the executive management team, decision makers, and stakeholders across all functional areas to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organization and establish and maintain a relationship as a trusted business partner.
The VP, IT Business Solutions: Must be both visionary and pragmatic, focusing on the return on investment of technology systems and their business impact; Demonstrate leadership expertise to help establish strategic direction as well as technical expertise in new technology evaluations; Is responsible for successful delivery and management of application and analytic solutions that meet the clinical and business needs of our internal and external clients; and Manage and direct staff that provide health business intelligence, business and software quality analysis, application engineering, proposal support, and enterprise collaboration tools.
- Assist in the provision of overall strategic planning for and provide strategic, tactical, and operational leadership of application development, quality assurance, analytics, and new business opportunities, including planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of all related initiatives. Participate in business planning and visioning activities to ensure timely insight into future business plans and develop the Business Solutions project portfolio.
- Facilitate management team technology discussions, prioritization and governance to ensure efficient and effective decision-making. Communicate and reinforce the importance of key business requirements to the IT Business Solutions team, and how those requirements support business strategy.
- Oversee the maintenance and continued planning of a detailed Business Solutions roadmap identifying investment costs and a 3-year implementation plan.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing technology solutions and facilitate the delivery of those capabilities to improve business processes and achieve business goals. Lead business process mapping to identify the business drivers for the selection of technology solutions. Identify opportunities to apply automation to create process efficiencies.
- Anticipate and understand the emerging needs of clients. Coordinate with business stakeholders and teams to develop business cases for new projects that can be prioritized by the management team.
- Define and adjust technology standards and technologies in close collaboration with KEPRO’s leadership and management.
- Lead innovations, integration and standardization in the structure and processes relating to technology. Improve the quality and timeliness of information and data flows. Ensure that innovations in the use of information systems and technologies meet the core needs of the organization.
- Support Business Development team on sales engagements and proposal development.
- Provide the business with strategic level support and guidance, using a consultative and advisory approach, evaluating opportunities to leverage technology to build sustainable competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Act as product owner in representing KEPRO systems for internal and external customers. Collaborate with business stakeholders on enhancements through the full software development lifecycle. Solicit feedback regarding platform features and communicate the feedback with developers.
- Ensure effective use of corporate assets (money, time and resources) through thoughtful planning, scheduling and execution of the technical components of the business strategy.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and departments to ensure cohesive and collaborative communication.
- Lead teams in the development, costing, documentation and revision control of services and solutions for special projects and strategic customer requests.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives resulting in increased productivity, as well as scalable and efficient processes.
- Apply rapid project management and agile application development methods to produce solutions for business units. Use rapid project management and agile process to implement ideas from prototyping to final solutions. Measure results and track record.
- Establish and direct repeatable innovation processes with the goal of harnessing new value added ideas.
- Establish priorities based on the strategic plan, budgets and timelines for responsible processes.
- Lead the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and standards that support the development process and the design, construction, and implementation of business applications.
- Direct the maintenance and functionality of assigned legacy systems. Work with project teams to ensure smooth transition of legacy systems to new applications.
- Develop/review detailed project plans using structured methodologies for business applications projects. Coordinates with other Technology teams on the implementation of these projects.
The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Proven skills in:
- Management and leadership
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
- Project Management
Demonstrated ability to:
- Relate to all levels of the user community
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex healthcare improvement environment
- Set and manage priorities
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies
- Understand the nature of the business and how to apply technology to solve problems and create new value
- Current technologies, especially those related to healthcare systems, the web and e-commerce
- Hardware, software, Internet and e-commerce solutions
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the health care industry. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, human resources, marketing, trends in the healthcare industry, and health care administrative theory and practice
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience, preferably in a complex healthcare environment.
- Broad-based IT senior-level management with an outstanding service record.
- Leadership experience in developing and maintaining large-scale web-sites and software systems;
- Exceptional performance in a dynamic organization;
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Progressive experience in application design, development and support.
- Business processes and their interrelationship gained through five or more years of related experience.
- Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Current driver’s license and access to reliable transportation; ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
KEPRO offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please. Visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply for more information on the KEPRO Family of Companies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
KEPRO is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description