Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Biomed Technician assures equipment and supplies used in all areas of the facility are properly functioning and safe for use. The equipment technician assures the physical plant is properly maintained.
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repairs, calibrates and maintains dialysis delivery equipment used in-center, in acute dialysis services, and in home dialysis to ensure proper functioning and safety.
- Provides routine maintenance and repair of water systems in center and in the patient home.
- Is knowledgeable of and follows AAMI standards for water safety and for reprocessing.
- Documents repairs and maintenance according to DCI and clinic policy. Is thorough, timely, accurate and legible in documentation.
- Performs and documents air quality testing and takes appropriate actions.
- Performs inventory functions as assigned, following DCI procedures.
- Knows and follows procedures relating to hazardous chemical use, storage and disposal.
- Knows and follows procedures relating to medical waste storage and disposal.
- Strictly observes infection control and safety procedures.
- Responsible for completion of minor building maintenance.
- Participates in and supports clinic quality improvement activities and risk management program.