To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1211 Progress Street
Sturgis, MI 49091
- Summit Polymers
- Phone: 269-324-9330
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Summit Polymers • Sturgis, MI
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This is a technical position responsible for manufacturing coordination. This is an entry level, career development position designed to supply the manufacturing organization with paint and molding manufacturing engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Under general supervision is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Develops and maintains manufacturing plans, standardized work, cell layouts, PFMEA's, secondary equipment, packaging, molding, assembly, painting and other processes required by manufacturing.
- Participates in the part design reviews. Using SET based option approach, assures the manufacturability of the design. Documents the design progression utilizing Kaizen worksheets and A3 analysis.
- Assures that molds will be robust in function and process for the parts as designed.
- Develops various processes and initial set-up guidelines for process equipment.
- Develops reports and justifications required to support modifications to processes and/or equipment.
- Analyze workstation and plant layout. Make recommendations and modifications to minimize effort and improve efficiency.
- Creates and maintains Bill of Materials.
- Performs manufacturing studies in conjunction with the Mfg. Technical Leader to develop and determine best practices.
- Creates and utilizes existing trade off curves for tooling, molding, processes, secondary equipment, paint processes and assembly operations.
- Understands and monitors compliance to regulatory agencies requirements (DEQ, OSHA)
- Participates in Product Development Process in conjunction with Chief Engineer, Program Manager, Manufacturing Technical Leader, Project Engineer, Quality Engineer and other SPI personnel.
- Participates in product builds and champions run at rates.
- Supports cost reduction, quality improvements and system improvement efforts.
- Generates PO's for assembly fixtures and secondary tooling and tracks budget based on funding from the sales order.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Bachelors degree in engineering and three years experience in the areas of tooling, injection molding processes, finishing, and manufacturing techniques or some instruction in an engineering related curriculum and 5 years experience in the areas of tooling, injection molding processes, finishing and manufacturing techniques. Requires a working knowledge of injection molding processes, tooling, manufacturing techniques, finishing processes- such as: sonic and vibration welding, painting, pad print and hot stamp. Must know the manufacture and repair techniques of injection mold tooling. Must be able to act in a leadership role to facilitate the smooth integration of the tools and process into manufacturing facility. Posses the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices as demonstrated by a minimum score of 26 on the Wonderlic Personnel Test. Agreement to complete all post hire training.