General Summary: The Technical Writer IV is responsible for drafting materials to help prepare documentation to support the Office of Product Evaluation and Quality's (OPEQ) understanding of the medical device premarket review programs of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
The technical writer shall be able to draft persuasive materials that employ written and visual messaging for a broad audience, including patients, caregivers, regulated industry, external and internal clinicians, engineers, specialists in a variety of scientific disciplines, project managers, and administrative staff.
The technical writer shall support the Associate Director of the OPEQ Immediate Office in an ad hoc capacity. Assignments may be short-turnaround requests or longer-term projects and typically shall be described in broad terms, relying on the knowledge and experience of the contractor to determine the appropriate methods for completion, data sources, analysis techniques, and formats for the resulting work products. This work often involves complex sensitive, and time-critical issues. The technical writer shall rapidly identify communication goals and approaches and draft materials effective in preparing staff for frequent and sometimes disruptive change.
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft materials that include, but are not necessarily limited to, webpages intended for lay and professional audiences, and announcements, posters, banners, videos scripts, talking points for speeches and other events, and key messages for meetings and coaching sessions intended for staff.
- Apply experience in technical and scientific communications and persuasive communication to support public confidence in our activities and actions, and staff engagement and accountability during the preparation for the reorganization.
- Draft materials that enhance the public’s understanding of OPEQ’s role in the medical device ecosystem and our success in assuring that patients and providers have timely and continued access to safe, effective, and high-quality medical devices.
- Draft materials that prepare staff to engage in the organizational changes with a readiness mindset.
- Draft materials that prepare staff to demonstrate accountability, not only to their immediate supervisors but also to their colleagues and themselves.
- Develop materials to support the assessment of immediate and sustained behavioral change in response to internal communications.
Education Requirement: Masters Degree
Experience Requirement: Minimum eight (8) years of general experience.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mastery of the English language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all staff and visitors.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments
- Banner Advertisement