To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fishers, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Info Security Tech Architect - Network Security
Navient • Fishers, IN
Posted 14 days ago
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) is a leading provider of asset management and business processing solutions for education, healthcare, and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient also employs team members in Indiana, western New York, northeastern Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and other locations.
A senior staff member on the Information Security team responsible for developing, implementing and supporting enterprise wide technologies, programs, policies and strategies to protect corporate information assets. The Information Security Architect provides a blend of technical expertise, staff leadership and project management skills to help ensure the success of the department. Information Security Technical Architects are responsible for conducting in depth security risk assessments for new and existing systems, applications and programs to help identify weaknesses or security exposures. The Information Security Technical Architect also leads project teams, develops comprehensive project plans and participates on critical Information Technology planning initiatives to ensure adequate security protection measures are incorporated into IT strategic plans. Thorough documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify needs and take initiative are key requirements of the position.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) for network security tools.
- Assess and quickly resolve technical security problems related to security appliances, servers, firewalls and distributed computing systems while understanding the risk and exposure to the business.
- Assists staff and provides direction regarding the resolution of operational security related problems as required.
- Provides technical support, direction, consultation and training for information security staff and after hours support as required in support of the business.
Security Architecture and Strategic Planning
- Assists in defining the appropriate architecture, technical requirements and strategies necessary to address information security needs for the organization.
- Formulates proposals and develops technical requirements for new products, services and technologies.
- Conducts research, monitors new product developments and makes recommendations regarding technologies which have the potential to benefit Information Security.
- Provide direction and guidance to staff, consultants, vendors and support personnel for implementing new information security controls and technologies. Establishes project priorities and coordinates the implementation of deliverables.
Information Security Policy Management
- Assist in developing corporate wide Information Security policies, programs and standards to improve the overall security and protection of information assets.
- Liaison with Legal, Human Resources, Risk Management and Internal Audit to ensure Information Security programs are in alignment with corporate strategies, regulatory requirements and legal guidelines.
- Monitor and report on new legislation, rules or law that pertains to information security, privacy or NPI related issues.
Information Security Project Management
- Assume the role of project leader for security related projects and represent Information Security department on various IT project teams.
- Work closely with staff members from Information Technology departments and key business areas to help ensure information security requirements are defined, documented, tested and delivered as part of project deliverables.
- Independently develop detailed project plans and time estimates for Information Security project initiatives.
Information Security Program Management
- Perform complex analytical tasks in support of management to help assess risks or determine appropriate strategies.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Develop training and security awareness programs.
- Conduct liaison with law enforcement and other external security organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience working in Information Technology with at least 8 years of direct experience in Information Security.
- Must have demonstrated experience with one or more of the following areas
- Log management and SIEM
- Unix system administration
- Network administration
- Email security administration and routing
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Network and Email Data Loss Prevention
- Must be familiar with security software products and audit tools used in both a mainframe and distributed environments
- Project management leadership skills
- Understand information security concepts, protocols, “industry best practices” and strategies.
- Experience writing and developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project and application development teams, management and clients is a must.
- Must have business experience, understand business drivers and be able to translate business needs into workable information security solutions.
- Leadership, analytical, teamwork, organization, project and time management skills are critical.
- Must be focused, energetic, meet commitments, be willing to take ownership, have excellent judgment and integrity.
- Available to work non-standard hours on an as needed basis and participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Practitioner), GIAC, or other professional security certification
- Demonstrated experience administering, managing and creating content for an enterprise class SIEM
- Securing and monitoring of Microsoft Azure
- ArcSight Experience