WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager II. WSFS Bank's Portfolio Manager II will manage a portfolio of existing commercial banking customer relationships as assigned by the commercial banking team leader or department manager. The incumbent will have overall responsibility for the daily servicing of these commercial relationships, which involves the management of existing loan and deposit accounts as well as the sale of additional credit and non-credit products, including corporate cash management and on-line banking services, as deemed appropriate. The incumbent will serve as the "gatekeeper" for the recommendation or direct sale of other Bank products and services in an effort to increase depth of the banking relationship and the overall customer contribution and profitability margin of the assigned portfolio. The incumbent will also work closely with the Team Leader or Department Manager to support the credit administration needs of that Manager's customer portfolio as well as interview customers to develop information concerning their business, financial condition and operating performance, as well as to evaluate financing needs. The work experience and training of the individual would dictate the complexity of the customer relationships managed, any credit authority extended, and the designation of the Portfolio Manager. The incumbent will be required to travel within the bank's "footprint" to branch locations and visit commercial customers at their place of business.
This position will be located at the WSFS Bank Center in Wilmington, DE.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business related field, or equivalent experience.
• Must have 2-4 years of relevant banking experience.
• Total relevant banking experience may be in the areas of Commercial Credit Administration, Commercial Real Estate, Middle Market, Business Banking, Small Business Banking and/or Private Banking.
• Must have effective sales skills and superior customer service skills.
• Must have strong knowledge of commercial and consumer loan and deposit products.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent listening ability and presentation skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.