Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Control Room Operations Manager is responsible for managing remote operations performed by the Control Room, assuring safe operations, optimal fleet performance, and coordination with authorities and counterparts in and out of the company. It also includes leading improvement initiatives and structuring systems and processes. Also responsible for directly overseeing the remote operations performed by the Control Room, assuring operator performance, adherence to EGPNA, and Industry standards, and safe and efficient operations. The function of Control Room Manager has additional responsibilities including: Managing the planning/coordination of shift work schedules, enforcing company policies, managing overtime and resource use in the control room, oversight of internal and external reporting and date collection, and performing on-call duties as needed to support the 24x7 operation. Will also maintain proficiency as a Control Room Operator, and assist the operating crew when needed in the performance of real-time operations duties.
What You'll Do at Enel:
• Coordinate with the Grid Operation Manager the outage/maintenance plan
• Support the Knowledge Management team in drafting control room procedures and approving content, and in the preparation of training material, onboarding of operators, and the continuing training of operators through the coordination and delivery of training materials.
• Act as sounding board for the operators regarding operation process and system issues or improvements
• Understand, communicate, and enforce all EGP, EGPNA, CMR, Market, and other standards applicable to the Control Room.
• Monitor and evaluate Control Room Operator performance, providing feedback and enhancing individuals skills and abilities through targeted training
• Leading the Operational Improvement Process
• Ensures Control Room equipment functionality at primary and backup locations
• Coordinate with the Control Room Integration Manager to ensure seamless operations through integrations, upgrades, and enhancements. Support the integration of new assets in the control room from an operational perspective with the support of the Energy Management group, Engineering and Construction, the Control Room Integration Manager, and GDS.
• Provide on call remote support to the control room operators
• Lead a group composed of personnel on shifts on a 24x7 basis. Set Shift Management Polities and Expectations, manage strategic shift scheduling and shift management for Control Room Operators. Approves timecards, vacations, etc. for direct reports
• Guarantee optimal efficiency of the remote operations, while meeting safety, compliance, economical, quality, and corporate goals.
• Implement structured and standardized operations through strict procedure management
• Manage the Control Room compliance program with strong focus on NERC CIP standards, ensuring compliance, licensing, and environmental operating constraints are included in operating procedures and processes
• Participate in Operating Committees as required
• Manage the fleet and operations by making generation decisions based on economic inputs, curtailment requests from TSO/Offtakers
• Responsible for coordinating the proper validation of Generation Data for Production and Regulatory Reporting and Revenue Recognition
• Oversees OIP process, including approval of OIPs and Action Items. Tracks and reports on OIP Action Item Completion
• Assure a total coordination with:
- TSO, Utilities and Offtakers
- EGP-NA Local Operations & Maintenance
- EGP-NA Energy Management
- EGP-NA Operational Efficiency
• Detect and report Control room SCADA quality issues or improvement needed, in coordination with the Digital Hub.
• Report on the control room operation, monitor KPIs and quantify benefits provided to the O&M.
• Coordinate with and make recommendations to the Site Manager on overall fleet generation and BOP efficiency to maximize revenue.
• Submit SAP Notifications for equipment service and repairs.
Operator Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
• Verify correct operation of power plants through the detection of outages, anomalies, alarms and abnormal conditions.
• Remotely operate power generation facilities. Includes but not limited to the geo and solar portfolio.
• React to outages & directives immediately using EGPNA process and standard operating procedures for identified scenarios in order to guaranty safe and compliant operations.
• Act proactively as operator by anticipating critical conditions, checking status based on all parameters available by the system, identify abnormal situations not necessarily captured by an alarm, etc.
• Monitoring for Geo/Solar technology includes, but not limited: Compliance with PPA and LGIA, voltage control, power factor control, energy prices, curtailments, efficiency of the plant, plant status (turbines in maintenance, faulty turbines and reason), grid connection, substation status, and external conditions.
• Operating for Geo/Solar facilities includes, but not limited: Start/Stop and Reset generating units, responding to outages (planned and forced), adherence with PPAs and other agreements.
• Remotely operate high voltage substations following EGPNA directives. It includes but not limited analyze faults and alarm, reaction to them, contacting other control rooms to understand the grid situation and close back if the safety conditions are meet.
• Coordinate Emergency response, operations, outages and maintenance activities with internal and external parties (Plant personnel, ISO/TSO, Contractors, Offtakers, etc.) by phone, email or via web portals.
• Support the testing and commissioning of the remote capabilities for new plants.
• Coordinate equipment startup and shutdown to support scheduled and reactive work to maximize availability and reliability.
• Support Job Hazard Analysis, lockout tagout, hot work, confined space entry policies and procedures from the control room.
Who You Are:
What You've Accomplished:
- Rigorous and structured in the execution of work
- Analytical abilities to collect, evaluate numerical data and complete both internal and external reporting
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Experience in a Shift Work environment, with scheduling and operations management experience
- Open to change management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Enel Offers You:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in Control Rooms/Plant Management.
- Electrical system knowledge. Certification to operate high voltage facilities is a plus.
- Experience in power generation, distribution or transmission will be highly regarded.
- Strong computer skills is a must (Proficiency with MS Access, Word & Excel)
- Experience with SCADA and OSISoft PI systems is highly desired
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .