Vista College is currently hiring for a Salon Manager at our Longview, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Under the supervision of the Cosmetology Program Director, the Salon Manager is responsible for all facets of the student salon’s operations and provides leadership and tools to instructors and students to help them increase their clientele and business. Responsible for meeting or exceeding salon service and product sales budgets; executing salon promotions and education. Responsible for creating an environment that maintains and exceeds standards of excellence in client service, client retention and professional hair care recommendations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets or exceeds salon financial metrics including: service revenue, average ticket, client count, client retention, rebooking and retail revenue.
• Demonstrates high standards for customer service with both external and internal (students) customers
• Analyzes on a weekly/monthly basis the salon sales, expenses and trends utilizing Client Vision reports with the Corporate Director of Cosmetology to determine ongoing standards for weekly revenue goals, student productivity goals, average ticket goals and customer retention goals
• Responsible for taking business goals and developing a quarterly plan of action, with clear steps and measurements and consistently execute to deliver expected results.
• Place and check in supply orders timely and within budget while ensuring not to run out of needed supplies to service clients.
• Assist students in determining correct procedure for each client through the client consultation.
• Assist core instructor with grade evaluations based upon course objectives and provide feedback to students in a timely manner.
• Achieve established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction, discourage student withdrawal, and maintain satisfactory retention by:
o Identifying at risk students
o Reporting attendance concerns promptly
o Providing a caring and supportive learning environment
o Relating current learning to students’ career and employer expectations
o Providing tutoring and advising as necessary
• Ensure that salon operates in a timely and professional manner.
• Oversee that daily sanitation and housekeeping duties are performed and that the salon and dispensary is left clean and organized and ready for the next class per state safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Attend new instructor training, department meetings, graduation and other trainings.
• Be proficient in Milady methods
• Be familiar with curriculum requirements
• Attend in-services and complete professional development requirements in accordance with school policy and practices in line with the instructor’s professional development plan.
• Maintain professional certification as required by the field
• Dress and act professionally in accordance with Vista employee expectations.
• Return calls and respond appropriately and promptly to requests for assistance.
• Check for campus communication daily and respond within 24 hours; meet deadlines as assigned.
• Maintain salon equipment and inventory as directed.
• Submit inventory report and RFP’s (Request for Purchase) for additional inventory per Vista guidelines.
• Report weekly and monthly salon revenue per the appropriate Client Vision dashboard.
• Increase salon sales through product knowledge and retail training.
• Maintain student confidentiality as outlined by FERPA regulations.
• Mentor other instructors as directed by administration.
• Assists in acquainting students with course program requirements including specific objectives, means of attaining them, and methods of evaluation.
• Schedule student in courses. Advising students on SAP probation and other students concerns
• Prepares distribution of initial rosters to confirm student enrollment
• Assist in preparation in weekly reports on student enrollment
• Ensure that textbooks used in the program are ordered on time
• Verifies course work or completion of program.
• Develops and revises curriculum and instructional materials; adheres to course outlines and insures teachers provide students with a course syllabus, progress reports and final grades.
• Plan and coordinate student test days for Cosmo written and practical exams Submit supply requisition forms to the School Director or designee as supplies are needed.
• Serves as academic advisor and provides appropriate leadership and supervision of student activities.
• Assists in the evaluation and selection of additional staff members.
• Contributes to the governance of the school through active service and participation in new start and retention meetings.
• Advises School Director and Director of Education of any issues in a timely manner.
• Provides School Director with a weekly report on enrollments, retention and salon revenue.
• Assist Administration/Program Director with projects associated with the successful growth and retention of the school.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Current Texas Cosmetology Instructor’s license as required by state regulations
• Minimum 2 years of salon management
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Ability to provide exceptional client service, understanding the client’s needs, providing quality consultations and in a competent, efficient and professional manner.
• Ability to perform administrative tasks such as completing schedules and transaction on the POS, performing close-out procedures and light housekeeping duties
• Ability to resolve client issues
• Ability to effectively lead and develop a team, creating a positive work environment, training and providing guidance on business and technical competency matters and resolving student issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to observe guest’s hair, including close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
• Ability to communicate with client regarding services offered and requested and the client’s needs and wants
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
• Teaching and facilitation skills.
• Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
• Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Standing for sustained periods of time
• Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing hair and nail services
• Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds.
• Occasional travel to meetings out of town, sometimes over night