To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dahlgren, VA 22448
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Linux Systems Administrator
DDL Omni Engineering • Dahlgren, VA
Posted 2 months ago
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is in search of a highly qualified Linux Systems Administrator in support of JWAC at NSWC Dahlgren. The JWAC Compartmented Computing Environment (JCCE) architecture is built on a secure multi-tenant platform based on the Cisco FlexPod commercial architecture within the existing data center. JCCE utilizes the Air Force Research Lab SecureView client and possibly other multi-access technologies at the campus endpoint. The secure multi-tenancy architecture builds on system, network, and storage virtualization and creates a virtual brick wall through an infrastructure that allows tenants at different authorization levels to utilize shared underlying hardware resources and services while still maintaining that same security posture as isolated hardware stack silos. Long-term the JCCE environment will utilize shared infrastructure services to support systems and services at the TS/SCI level with multiple, restricted access tenants hosting highly restricted SCI and/or SAP data, systems, and methods.
- Managing Docker hosts and containers
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining Red Hat 6 and 7 OS distributions.
- Configuration Management of Linux systems. Using Puppet
- Development and Maintaining programs/scripts in Java Script, Python, Perl, Bash and/or Ruby for common management functions including system restart/rebuild/recovery
- Maintaining version control of systems in Git and/or Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Developing automation using scripting of other programming languages to streamline processes and maintaining the Linux computing environments. With efficiency
- Diagnosing unique and complex system, network, and application issues
- Communicating technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Working with Cyber Security team members to ensure secure system operations of Linux and Docker systems including applying DISA cyber security processes (STIGs, patching, scanning)
- Maintaining health and performance of Linux systems. (physical and virtual) on multiple networks
- Responding to monitored alarms and thresholds; develop new monitoring requirements and automated recovery procedures for monitored conditions with scripts and workflows
- Optimizing performance of system environment including storage and networking
- Applying patches and updates to Linux systems. Using Puppet and other automated methods; update JWAC Puppet process to best practices
- Assisting with troubleshooting activities on Linux systems and related environment
- Supporting system downtime efforts
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, 'BEST FOR VETS' by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are an official Virginia Values Veterans certified company.
- High School Diploma
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- IAT II, Security + certification required
- Strong experience with SharePoint front end and back end use and administration, MS SQL programming, and backup/recovery
- Experience with JWAC architecture desired
- 4 years experience minimum