Business Development Executive - London (Hybrid)
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individual who live and work in the UK will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our London office and telecommuting from a home-based office a in a hybrid work model.
As a Business Development Executive at Optum, you will be responsible for consultative selling of our healthcare solutions, across our Medicines Optimisation product suite.
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor to our prospects and customers in the healthcare sector
- Build trust with prospects by understanding their needs and how you are able to address them
- Ensure both revenue and profit measures are maximized whilst maximizing value to customer
- Create and find fully qualified sales opportunities to demonstrate and sell our software/service
- Work towards individual monthly and quarterly KPIs and targets to achieve sales team goals
- Liaise with marketing to achieve a joint volume and value target of opportunities, using their content to further your success
- Liaise with our outsourced lead generation partner to qualify and convert warm opportunities
- Proactively calling leads alongside utilising inbound marketing sourced leads
- Utilise Salesforce technology to generate leads through industry leading/best practice sales techniques
- Express a keen interest to learn about Optum UK products and services. Become the expert in demonstrating features, advantages and benefits of the product suite and most importantly, able to showcase value in a friendly and sociable manner
- Keep up to date with healthcare sector news
- Participate and attend exhibitions and meetings, some occasional overnight stays away from home may be required
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Proven experience in consultative B2B healthcare solutions selling
- Experience supporting product transition within the healthcare industry (e.g. Life Sciences, EAP)
- Excellent customer/consultant relationship management
- Proven ability to face externally to clients
- Excellent influencing skills
- Proven software product and healthcare services background
- Market focus with ability to deliver internal capabilities
- Excellent sales pipeline management skills
- Excellent communicator with solid organization and analytic skills
- Exemplary and natural interpersonal skills; sociable, self-motivated, resilient, professional and keen to enjoy customer relationships
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications
- Experience of responding to public sector/NHS tenders/bids essential
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, healthcare being an advantage (nurse or pharmacist)
- Registered pharmacy technicians are welcomed
- MBA would be an advantage
- Clinical decision support (prescribing for medicines) experience highly desirable
- Previous Head of Medicines Management with sales experience would be a distinct advantage
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.