Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a IT Security Analyst III. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
This position is in the Corporate Information Security (CIS) group. The selected applicant will be responsible for planning and developing security tools and methodologies to protect the Battelle enterprise, both individually and under the direction of senior security engineers. The position monitors technology and risk trends and works as part of the security engineering team to inform leadership regarding appropriate mitigation technologies to reduce enterprise risk. This position will be a member of a team of engineers that support and maintain Battelle’s information security tools and infrastructure.
- Evaluate defensive technologies, contribute to proof of concept activities, and recommend solutions to reduce enterprise security risk
- Contribute to security assessments and red/purple team activities
- Provide security analysis and support on complex systems for monitoring, troubleshooting, configuration, and implementation of core hardware and software for Battelle’s security infrastructure
- Provide technical consulting and support to staff members with security tasks. Recommend appropriate actions to improve project security and design new strategies for securing systems.
- Interface with other Battelle teams to design, implement, install, and upgrade secure systems.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems or related field with a minimum 5 years of experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled with at least one computer programming languages, e.g.: Go, Python, C
- Skilled with Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Skilled with a variety of general IT technologies: virtualization, route/switch, IDS/IPS, database technologies, containers
- Skilled with specific security technologies: firewalls, EDR, email security platforms, vulnerability management, malware analysis
- Must be a US Person with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
Professional certification e.g. CISSP, SANS GIAC, CEH
Experience with NIST security and risk management standards
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Global Information Assurance Certification
Certified Ethical Hacker