To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hilliard, OH 43026
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. • Hilliard, OH
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leave of Absence Representative
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
As the largest provider of disability and absence management solutions, Sedgwick offers a combination of services covering every possible time away from work scenario. Our clients depend on us to support and improve the health and productivity of their workforce in a way that is cost-effective, efficient and compliant.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze reported Family Medical Leave (FMLA) requests; to make determinations based on state and federal regulations; and to ensure that on-going claim management is within company service standards and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies action plan; determines benefits due; and makes timely case decisions based on service expectations as established by the client.
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with claimants and clients.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College degree and/or college courses preferred.
Two (2) years disability management and/or FMLA administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Human Resources experience including FMLA administration preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical disability management
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer