About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer. Wells Fargo's Chief Technology Office is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join the Technology & Application Architecture Team within Enterprise Architecture. As part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO) and Enterprise Architecture, the Technology & Application Architecture Team is responsible for thought leadership, technology standards, and driving technology modernization and enablement throughout the enterprise spanning Digital Technology, Emerging Tech/Innovation, Cloud Platforms & Services, CI/CD, AI/ML, and API Architecture.
As a Lead Engineer and passionate technologist, you will define the strategy and solutions to guide engineers in building innovative engineering accelerators and libraries to enable development and cloud adoption across the firm. You will provide subject matter expertise, technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices to support Group CIOs in managing their technology domains and meeting customer expectations. As a key member of the team, your work will include designing and defining Modern Application frameworks and patterns. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Develop automated acceptance and unit test for the agile team
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
- Implementing service transformation, routing, enrichment and orchestration in Java/J2EE/NodeJs/Quarkus.
- Design and development of adapters/plug-ins for external application integration
- Writing Junit/integration test cases to validate the code quality and code coverage
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3 + years of experience with System Integration Testing (SIT)
- 3+ years of experience with Jira software, Confluence software or combination of both
- 3+ years of Java/NodeJs experience
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
- 2+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- 1 + year of experience designing and implementing solutions for test automation
- Experience with version control or source code repositories to include: Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory or XMLSpy
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
$133,300.00 - $237,100.00 Annual Benefits
We Value Diversity
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Agile Methodology
- Application Integration Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence