E.J. Prescott, Inc. is a 64 year old, family owned waterworks supply company. We distribute water, wastewater, stormwater, geotextile and erosion control products in 28 locations across nine Northeast states. We also have four sister companies that provide fabrication and delivery services to our clients. We are one of the largest independently owned waterworks supply companies in the United States, and pride ourselves on innovation and customer service. Our motto is 'Whatever you need. Whenever you need it. No matter what.'
The Utility Pipe Outside Sales position is responsible for face to face selling of EJ Prescott product lines. For a list of our product lines, please visit www.ejprescott.com
• Three years of experience selling products and services in the water/wastewater/stormwater or erosion control industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability in negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
• Capacity to keep abreast of new technology and how it applies to our industry.
• Ability to provide technical, problem-solving advice to customers.
• Working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office tools.
• Working knowledge of Mincron software, running on an AS400 system.
Research customer needs and promote our products and services in an effective manner by:
• obtaining and coordinating information from inside staff and home office support groups
• doing market research to determine customer needs & sharing information with team sales
• researching and developing lists of potential customers
• establishing and maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales
• following up on sales leads and developing new leads
• working with inside sales support staff to establish a communication path with the customer to ensure continued sales opportunities for EJP and vendor products & services.
Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
• developing sales and marketing proposals specifically for our customers
• making presentations to customers and managers as warranted
• developing interactive, fun and informative presentations, workshops and seminars
• maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends and government regulations
• making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
• acting swiftly and accurately to close deals and finalize contacts
• meeting and exceeding established sales goals, quotas and revenue goals
Achieve sales and forecasting goals in an effective manner by:
• researching, developing & maintaining long & short range sales & marketing plans
• producing regular reports & final plans for Manager’s approval
• working with inside sales to service customers during the order fulfillment process
Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of team EJP, vendors and customers, by:
• communicating openly, honestly and constructively
• treating all employees, vendors and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
• taking responsibility and making effort to resolve communication concerns and problems
• asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities, asking others for help and assisting others as they need help.
Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance, roughly 80% of premium paid by EJP
- Group rates available for short and long term disability, and life insurance
- 401 (k) plan with employer match, and both Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth investment options
This position is paid a base wage plus commission. The position is not entitled to overtime pay. Base pay is paid biweekly, and commission is paid monthly.
Benefits: Company Vehicle with fuel card and maintenance card, Health, Dental Short & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401-K Plan, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Policy, Reimbursement for travel expenses.
EJ Prescott is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Accessibility: If you need help accessing this page, please contact Mike Brown, Director of HR:
(800) 876-1357 x1170
Email: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility pipe outside sales
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility pipe outside sales – [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility pipe outside sales – [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility pipe outside sales - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Utility pipe outside sales