Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities, Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on ComEd’s distribution, and Fiber Optic telecommunication facilities/systems. Performs field engineering and provides designs for both internal and external customers. May coordinate, track and monitor the electrical requirements of Distribution projects to meet customer need dates. Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on Exelon's, distribution, and telecommunication facilities/systems. This may include activities associated with customer contact, scheduling, engineering and construction of New Business installations, removals and relocations. (80%)
- Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos. (10%)
- Assists with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes; (e.g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering principles and practices) (5%)
- Evaluates effectiveness of current design processes. Participates on teams; (e.g. Design high voltage transmission and distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and criteria) (5%)
- Develops construction drawings and material requirements for relatively complex systems associated with utility infrastructure installation, removal or modification. Works independently under the direction of a lead engineer.
- May respond to customer needs for service by evaluating standard versus required facilities in order to develop charges for customers that have financial and operational impact.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Successful completion of the Technician Occupations Selection Systems (TECH) test. (A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university exempts the TECH Test requirement. Note: Engineering Technology degrees do not qualify for an exemption from the tech test).
- Associate's degree in a technical field (1) or equivalent relevant education / experience (See Section Below) (2) AND 2 - 5 years of relevant technical experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem-solving approaches.
- Knowledge of construction, operations or engineering principles and practices.
- Good knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or service.
- Proficient Computer Drawing and Computer Assisted Design skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology Equivalent Relevant Education / Experience Bachelor's degree (technical field) (1) AND zero to 3 years of relevant technical experience. Non-degreed or non-technical degree equivalent relevant education (2) AND 5 - 7 years of relevant technical experience (1) Examples of technical fields (non-engineer) include Engineering Technology, Electronics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, etc. (2) Relevant education / experience is knowledge and skills that may be acquired through job experiences or education programs related to those acquired through a formal technical degree program. Examples include experience gained in a military role applicable to electric power distribution, completion of a journey-level electrician program (e.g., overhead / underground electrician, electrical mechanic), or completion of a company-sponsored technical education program (e.g., Elements of Electrical Engineering (E3) series). The equivalent relevant education / experience is in addition to the position's minimum experience requirements.
- Architectural Drawing