Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Commercial Banker III is responsible for attainment of deposit and loan growth objectives. The position executes sales production efforts to identify and acquire new business within the market area. The Commercial Banker III makes sales calls and visits to business customers, high net worth individuals and prospects to customize solutions and meet loan, deposit and service needs while demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values. Leadership qualities to aid and grow the Commercial Banker Team.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Identifies business development opportunities and makes sales calls to existing clients and prospects.
- Maintains the quality, profitability and growth of products through appropriate pricing and fees.
- Services a portfolio of clients, cultivates customer relationships and acts as banking consultant to understand client needs, customize solutions and provide consultative expertise.
- Applies need-based sales techniques to attract, expand, and retain customer relationships by identifying products and services to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
- Maintains and services a large deposit portfolio with emphasis on acquisition of low cost deposits meeting bank objectives.
- Maintains and services a portfolio of $90MM and more in loans which meet margin and revenue objectives. Portfolio size is a soft guideline and may be adjusted based on market.
- Thoroughly collects and analyzes customer and prospect financials and other relevant data to assess viability, determine actual cash flow and perform ongoing credit grade determinations within policy guidelines.
- Identifies and structures large, complex loan and deposit opportunities that optimize credit quality and profitability.
- Applies a high level of business acumen and credit risk management expertise to assess the viability of large, complex loan and deposit opportunities.
- Prepares and articulates accurate, comprehensive, relevant information to the Loan Committee for loan approval.
- Oversees ongoing quality control for a portfolio by executing proper documentation, compliance and collection efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Responsible for achievement of goals as set by Bank leadership.
- Uses Customer Relationship Management systems to track sales efforts and prospects.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Represents the Bank in business development efforts and at networking and community functions.
- Develops partnerships and collaborates with other lines of business to attain mutual goals and better serve customers.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris’ core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyze markets, identify prospects, develop and execute consultative, value-added sales techniques and strategies.
- Driven to meet and exceed established targets.
- Ability to negotiate, drive consensus, addressing identified needs, interactive service to others, building and maintaining collaborative relationships, manage and resolve conflict externally and internally.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize a professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Ability to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of regulatory banking compliance policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis, and credit principles to assess credit viability and proper loan structuring.
- Knowledge of internal banking policies, procedures, products and services.
- Knowledge of relevant geographic market.
Industry and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of Commercial Banking experience or related field.
- Experience in leadership role.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)