[ Link removed ] /NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description
Key responsibilities focus on leading month end reporting and analysis, leading and coordinating planning and forecasting activities, ad hoc FP&A support as required and leading projects. This position will work closely with the Business Leadership Team and the Accounting Group.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Key responsibilities focus on leading month end reporting and analysis, leading and coordinating planning and forecasting activities, ad hoc FP&A support as required and leading global projects
- Strong & independent decision maker dealing with complex dependencies
- Elevated Business Partner mentality and strong Communication skills (i.e. executive presentation and peer-to-peer training)
- Oversee Financial strategy and analysis
- Lead annual budget planning
- Month End Financial Analytics
- Performance Management Governance
- Influence leadership on strategic decisions
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
This job is responsible for overseeing accounting policies and procedures including cost, general, and tax as well as accounts payables and receivables. Leaders in this role manages the recording of financial transactions relating to projects in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements and performs an effective review of those records before financial information is released.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Implements and maintains a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP
• Supervises a group of accounting managers and other staff accountants
• Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:10+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:5+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Gexa Energy LP
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Certified Public Accountant