To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
- The Reinalt-Thomas Corporation
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Category Buyer II
Discount Tire Corporate Careers • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for over 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
We are looking to add a Category Buyer II to the Corporate Procurement Department. The individual in this position will assist customers in obtaining a quality product/service that meets our Company's need, at a fair price, that is safe for the organization. They will aim to save the Company money, save customer's time and make the procurement process inviting, easy and safe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with stakeholders to understand business needs and specifications for assigned category products and services; develops and manages a supplier pipeline that aligns with business strategy to ensure the best cost performance for Discount Tire while achieving competitive cost, high quality, risk reduction, and on-time delivery.
- Develops and implements category plan in collaboration with senior level Buyers, including strategic business relationship approach, supplier sourcing strategy/plan, potential negotiation tactics and long-term business needs.
- Conducts supplier research and analysis, including, but not limited to, supplier discovery/due diligence (compliance/risk assessment, performance and product offerings), financial health assessment, market/industry intelligence/conditions; completes reasonable cost analysis supplier reference checks; provides recommendations for supplier strategy and negotiation tactics.
- Conducts the procurement life cycle from request submission through contract filing, including, but not limited to, negotiating contracts/renewals, managing market and supply risks with terms and conditions, and overseeing contract review, approval, exception processes, and exit process.
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout negotiation process to ensure that Company needs for pricing, delivery/timing and contractual terms/language are met for key purchases.
- Executes Master Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work and other necessary contracts/documents.
- Develops and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) based on evolving business needs. Monitors supplier performance/compliance; troubleshoots problems to mitigate risk and improve performance.
- Regularly evaluates supplier offerings, usage and category spend; identifies opportunities to reduce cost and improve performance; provides recommendations that support the business' strategic goals and plans.
- Manages supplier communications, including but not limited to, RFx process; Request Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP) AND Request for Quote (RFQ); assists customers in mitigating issues and performance concerns; facilitates quarterly business reports (QBR).
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to sourcing and procurement processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Comfortable with interaction at all levels of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years vendor management, sourcing, procurement, project management, contract management or related experience is required.
- Understanding of contracts, and contractual language is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers are essential.
- Knowledge of supplier performance management best practices is necessary.
- Collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills are required.
- Proficiency in IT Service Management Platform (ITSM) and Procurement Performance Suite is required: ServiceNow and Zycus preferred.
- Business acumen knowledge and understanding of business and procurement issues, priorities, goals and strategy is necessary.
- Ability to provide innovative ideas/solutions is essential.
- A track record for developing and delivering strategic initiatives is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Proven customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer and supplier situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is required.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Contract Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.
Preference will be given to local candidates. No staffing agencies. Salary range is dependent upon experience.