CHI Health is looking to add an ER (Emergency Room) RN (Nurse) to our team in Missouri Valley, IA!
For more than 50 years, the mission of CHI Health Missouri Valley has been to nurture and enhance the quality of life for residents of Harrison County. As a community hospital, its ongoing commitment is to keep residents in good health. Through the years, CHI Health Missouri Valley has strived to improve the health status of southwest Iowa residents – children, teens, adults, senior citizens, friends and neighbors. CHI Health Missouri Valley is proud to offer healthcare services – close to home – within this community.
The physicians, nurses and other associates at this community-based hospital are committed to delivering personalized, compassionate care for each individual. Such care takes many forms - technologically advanced medical services, quality health education, health screenings, and more. Beyond the hospital walls, CHI Health Missouri Valley works closely with businesses, community groups, churches, schools, social service agencies and others to build a healthier community.
We provide the following services:
- **25 Acute Inpatient Beds ** - Acute Inpatient Beds are also certified as Skilled Swing Beds allowed under Critical Access Hospital rules
- 24-hour emergency care with heliport accommodations
- 3D Mammography
- Diagnostic imaging services: MRI, CT scans, Dexa bone density scans, Nuclear Medicine, general radiology, mammography, surgical radiography and ultrasound
- Diagnostic and evaluative laboratory services
- Cardiovascular services including non-invasive diagnostics studies such as EKG, telemetry monitoring, treadmill stress testing, ECHO cardiogram, and stress ECHO cardiogram
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Inpatient and outpatient physical therapy for orthopaedic, burn, occupational health, stroke and sports injuries
- Inpatient and outpatient Occupational Therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient Speech Therapy
- Mental/Behavioral Care and Geriatric services
- Nutritional services
- Outpatient surgery
- Outpatient clinics
- Social services
- Educational programs and instruction for patients, staff and the community.
If you are ready to join a team where you make a different every day, then I would love to chat with you today! Responsibilities**$7500 Sign On Bonus Offered**Job Summary / Purpose
The Registered Nurse (RN), within their scope of practice, is responsible to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to a designated group of healthcare consumers across the continuum. Provides services which encompass the spiritual, physiological, social, and psychological aspects of care of the sick, prevention of disease, or conservation of health. The position contributes to the mission and core values of CHI Health.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Follow the nursing process which includes: assess, plan, implement, and evaluate. The nursing process is an ongoing process that can end at any stage.
- Assessment - Demonstrates a systematic, dynamic way to collect and analyze the following healthcare consumer data including: psychological, physiological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic and lifestyle factors
- Plan – Sets measurable and achievable short and long term goals according to standards of care based on the assessment by the nurse in collaboration with the healthcare consumer and multidisciplinary team.
- Implement – Implements and/or modifies the plan of care using assessment data, clinical reasoning based upon standards of care and evidence based practice. This includes care coordination, education and discharge planning. The nurse is accountable for the care directly, indirectly or through delegation. Professional and legal standards for delegation must be followed.
- Evaluate – Uses a systematic ongoing process to evaluate progress towards identified healthcare consumer goals. Revision of plan of care when needed involving the healthcare consumer and the multidisciplinary team.
- Documents all phases of the nursing process in the healthcare consumer’s record.
- Demonstrates personal and professional responsibility for ongoing development, practice, and education. Maintains a safe work environment. Fosters a collaborative environment in support of the nursing profession.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Licenses & Certifications:
- Active RN licensure in the state of Iowa, or nurse licensure compact
- Basic life support (BLS) from the American Heart Association is required upon hire
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Nurse Licensure Compact
- Diseases And Disorders