To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Hollywood, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Care Manager / Social Worker (Bilingual Russian is Required)
JFS • West Hollywood, CA
Posted 5 days ago
At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org
The Social Work Care Manager is responsible for conducting in-depth intakes and assessments covering psychological, social and physical, and environmental concerns for frail, elderly clients; Holocaust survivors and their families. S/he will evaluate clients, identify the potential limitations which impede independent living and activate resources to allow client to remain safely in the home setting.
- Master’s Degree in social work or a related field
- Registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or the Board of Psychology is a plus
- Current unrestricted CA Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Bilingual Russian required
- Experience and interest in providing care to older persons required
- Care management and community based service delivery experience required
- Knowledge of community resources and the aging process
- Experience working with seniors, caregivers and mentally disabled clients
- Knowledge of safety issues when working with at-risk clients
- Experience conducting in-home visit strongly preferred
- Must be computer literate in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Candidates must have interest and demonstrated ability to:
- Work in an interdisciplinary community setting
- Be culturally sensitive, able to work with a multicultural client populations
- Work in a non-judgmental manner
- Foster positive growth/outcomes work as part of a team
- Maintain professional boundaries
- Exercise sound casework judgment and fiscal management skills
- Comply with documentation procedures
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Conducts in-depth intakes and assessment covering psychological, social, physical, and environmental concerns for clients that are survivors of the Holocaust
- Develops a comprehensive care plan including all social services needed by the client
- Coordinates the delivery of all services in the care plan
- Responds to intake callers and follows up on client situation as needed
- Reviews and authorizes services every month
- Offers crisis intervention
- Provides outreach and support per funding source requirements
- Prepares quarterly reports for the funding sources (Report include statistics on intake and outreach, number of clients serve, description of services, expenditures for each client served through grant)
- Provides short-term or ongoing psychotherapeutic support to low income Holocaust survivors and their families as needed
- Identifies and develops family and other informal support systems for the client
- Refer clients to specialist consultants to provide additional detailed evaluation and recommendations for improvement of the client’s functional level
- Prepares case recording, maintenance of financial records; and reporting on a timely and relevant basis
- Provide timely documentation and oversee chart record keeping per funding requirements.
- Selects, negotiates and budgets supportive services for clients
- May be required to be a Field Work Supervisor and/ or preceptor for Social Work students
- Other related duties as assigned
- Hours towards licensure available
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran