To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ralston, NE 68127
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Multi-Color Corporation US • Ralston, NE
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for a job that provides more time off, great benefits and pay, paid training and career advancement? Multi-Color is a printing company and an employer of choice with job stability and a long history of continued expansion in our community. If you join our organization you will receive paid vacation, competitive medical, dental and vision options, as well as company supplied life and disability insurance, a 401k retirement plan with a company match, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, shift differential pay, and recognition for great work.
The official title for this machine operator position is called a REWINDER OPERATOR. The Rewinder Operator is responsible for the operation of a rewind machine which is a piece of finishing equipment in our label printing plant. This important position gets finished product labels ready to go to the customer by working them into the proper rolls, inspecting for quality and setting up for shipment.
A person in this role with exceptional performance will have the opportunity to cross train on several pieces of finishing equipment or could apply for the opportunity to move to Press Assistant and grow their career from there. An ideal candidate is someone mechanically inclined with solid work experience, very detail oriented, good attendance, and a desire to grow their career with us! We are willing to hire and train both experienced end entry-level employees that meet our criteria.
Our Omaha plant runs 24 hours a day, five days per week on a 3-shift operation.
- Exhibits a safety-first attitude in all that is done, from proper PPE compliance to keeping the work environment safe and hazard-free. Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards and procedures
- Ability to read job ticket carefully before running machine to ensure it is set up to customer and label needs
- Input job order information into the computer; set specifications on the machine (measurement accuracy and attention to detail required)
- Attach slitting blades to machine when necessary
- Inspect and remove all defects, properly resplice the roll, stamp each role
- Lift finished material onto the machine (up to 50lbs regularly)
- View labels with assistance of strobe light (Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photosensitive epilepsy)
- Comply with quality assurance specifications of the customer and MCC including but not limited to handling procedures, paperwork requirements, etc. Compliance with all data integrity, product safety, and GMP standards required.
- Complete quality assurance sheet and associated documentation
- Responsible for following processes and procedures
- Responsible for cleanliness of machinery and organization of the workspace; light maintenance of machinery and slitting blades may also be required
- Participation in department meetings, process improvement events, training, and safety program as scheduled
- Responsible for working overtime when needed and as assigned
- Related duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Previous machine experience helpful
- Ability to do all duties described plus regular requirements of safely lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs, 10-20 feet in distance regularly; 75 lbs+ occasionally
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form); seen as a team player
- Ability to read a ruler and understand measurements (able to pass a ruler test)
- Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
- Ability to differentiate colors (able to pass a color test)
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Ability to prioritize and withstand routine and repetitious work
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
- Assertive and solution-focused
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, team player