The Training Coordinator will be responsible for managing the department / facility training program.
• Facilitate training and coaching for employees of diverse backgrounds and experience to run/assemble all products, including understanding material and machine requirements, while meeting required production and quality rates
• Instruct new employees on the Operator Fundamentals
• Complete routine follow ups of all new employees and complete verification checks to ensure that the training materials are being retained and followed by the employee.
• Train employees on how to properly read all Ames shop floor documentation such as, but not limited to a BOM, standard work documents, safety alert, quality alert, quality visuals, communication boards, cell audits, and other documentation as instructed by management.
• Ensure equipment, material, components, and work instructions for areas are correct and available as needed to assure maximum uptime of production
• Utilize various computer systems (I.E. Microsoft Office/Oracle, etc.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures; including, but not limited to wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Work and communicate in a professional manner with all business associates
• Follow and enforce all Ames Policies and Procedures
• Initiates and participates in continuous improvement through cost savings, kaizen or other related activities
• Other duties within department as assigned (including, but not limited to, training of all other Production Operators, access supporting business systems, initiate, participate, lead and facilitate continuous improvement activities, collect and organize production measurements and metrics data, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must possess strong basic shop math skills
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills with internet experience
Relevant Work Experience
• Three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of Lean Principles, QDC, 5S and Continuous Improvement Process
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while cutting costs; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; wears all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Dependability and Attendance – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to work hours, arriving on time, each day; Completes tasks on time.
• Organizational skills – Demonstrated ability to multitask in an organized effective manner
• Lock-Out/Tag-Out certification preferred
• Pass and maintain current industrial lift truck certification
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and low speed assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Ames Companies offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Personal Protective Equipment
Practical And Pragmatic