To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Plaines, IL
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
- Phone: 847-635-4655
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Revenue Cycle Mgmt
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois • Des Plaines, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Director of Revenue Cycle Management will improve and oversee the entire revenue cycle process of billing and collections from our clients. The main responsibilities for this role include overseeing, documenting and understanding the billing and collection process from intake to payment. Must be familiar with all accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end. Ultimately, you should be able to understand and ensure accuracy and efficiency throughout our entire revenue cycle process as well as develop a comprehensive policy and procedure manual. Works collaboratively with leadership in the development, management and implementation of process improvements within the revenue cycle.
- Establish policies related to Revenue Cycle Management. Review and approve all RCM procedures.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Revenue Cycle. Educate management and staff on revenue cycle standards and provide timely feedback of key performance indicators. Standardize revenue cycle reporting to include benchmarks and key performance indicators.
- Establish and managed projects related to the enhancement of the revenue cycle process
- Support staff in ensuring timely collection of payments
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports
- Monitor Accounts Receivable Aging reports working with staff on collections and follow up on delinquent accounts
- Proficiency in the Electronic Health Record in order to support configurations, reports other needed task to increase efficiency of billing and claims submissions
- Proficient in the BI tool and ensures program staff have the right data and is able to utilize it to reach financial goals
- Maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge of the healthcare industry including billing laws, rules, regulations, and developments necessary for the organization to make informed business decisions
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles
- Supports the mission of LSSI: Provides the highest quality care in the most cost efficient manner. Provides for the wellbeing of the community and serves the needs of all people. Demonstrates the values: Dignity, Compassionate Care, Community, Quality, and Stewardship.
- Maintains attendance as an essential requirement of the position and as designated by LSSI standards.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Other applicable duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits;
- Generous vacation/personal time off;
- Flexible schedule;
- Paid Holidays;
- Opportunity to work with an exceptional team!
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field required
- 5+ years accounting experience preferred, revenue cycle leadership experience within a social services arena a plus.
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), revenue cycle applications (electronic health record systems, claims clearinghouse systems), Accounting applications (Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analysis skills required
- Insurance knowledge and Third party payer requirements knowledge preferred. Experience with insurance benefit verification and/or precertification as well as knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare preferred.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills (multiple projects/deadlines)
- Multitasking and organization skills required.
SYSTEMS TO BE USED:
(front desk, cash sheet, client search functionality, payer and guarantor screens, dashboards, collection modules, statements, failed claims, applicable Carelogic reports)
- General Ledger
- Proficient in Excel & Word
MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work involves a variety of problems which require investigation and resolution, some of which are complex. Involves independent judgement to decide what to do to assemble facts, determine variations from standard procedures, or plan other action to be taken to meet objectives. Position requires close attention to detail. Some local travel involved.
Much of the work is done while sitting but with more than normal standing or walking. Employee can lift/carry a 35 lb. maximum. Manual dexterity and close visual effort requires visual acuity, which are required to perform the duties found in a typical office environment.
There will be frequent contacts of a significant nature involving difficult negotiations and technical matters. Position requires a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
Requires general direction, with employee arranging own work, referring to supervisor any unusual matters -requiring deviation from established procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Director of Revenue, Finance, Social Services, Human Services, Manager, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.