The Certified Nursing Assistant and Nurse Aide is responsible for the tasks of personal care and incidental activities of daily living for patients of all ages in inpatient facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes and other institutions. Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures of the facility and allowed under state law/regulation.
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion exercises.
- weight.specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as necessary.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclos PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nurs
- Assistant certification as required by state in which employed.
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurses Aide as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification and/or as required by contracted facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the State(s) in which employe
- Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical individuals.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision and hearing to observe the patient.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function necessary to assist in the operation of patient care equipment.
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children and adults.
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Job Description
- ORCA/HR/Recruitment/Job Descriptions/Staffing/Certified Nursing Assistant
- (Rev. 8/15) Copyright 2015, Interim HealthCare Inc. Printed in U.S.A.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care, as appropriate.
- Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach and climb stairs.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Works
- Glucose Testing