Blue Ridge Mountain Recovery Center
has an opportunity in our detox/residential treatment center located in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to impact other human beings in such an AMAZING
way it changes their lives forever. The position of Counselor at Blue Ridge Mountain Recovery Center is an integral component of our multidisciplinary treatment team for substance abuse and trauma treatment. A qualified candidate must possess coping skills to deal with multiple caseloads, duties & priorities, as well as have excellent communication & documentation skills. This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, some Sundays
- • Conduct individual, group, or family counseling sessions as scheduled and document as required.
- • Facilitate assigned group or family sessions and assist with modifying problem behaviors.
- • Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow-up assessments for patients.
- • Prepare an individual treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- • Evaluate the needs of the patient and determine if referrals to other programs or facilities as needed.
- • Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment, and incidents are completed timely and in a clear concise manner.
- • Provide crisis intervention to patients as needed.
- • Plan for aftercare for assigned patients.
- • Act as a liaison with insurance carriers as requested.
- • Provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care.
- • May assist in the training of new clinical staff and interns, providing direction and clinical guidance.
- • Demonstrate a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge, and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Paid time off, vacation, sick, extended & holidays
- Health & welfare benefits including health, dental, vision, short & long term disability & life insurance.
- 401 k
- Education - Education -Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related human service field required.
- Licenses - LAPC required or equivalent - Current driver’s license, good DMV record
- Special Requirements - Trauma certified or training required. Knowledge in the disease of chemical dependency and 12 step recovery programs preferred.
- Certifications - CPR / CPI (Offered at the facility)
- Experience - At least two years of clinical experience specifically with the chemically dependent population.
- Age / Gender Specifics - Ability to work with male and female, adult, and adolescent substance abuse population.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)