ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: At Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, your knowledge and service in areas such as immigrants and refugees, mental health, social work, employment and adult education, legal and financial services, health care, food assistance, shelter and housing, developmental disabilities and prison outreach can make a profound difference in the lives of many. Through more than 50 programs across the district and five surrounding counties, Catholic Charities is opening doors to help and hope. At CCADW, we continue to build an inclusive culture that celebrates a diverse workforce. We offer so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take pride in our "promote from within" culture. We offer professional development, a comprehensive benefits package, a hybrid work model with both remote and in-office work, and a passion for building and motivating world class, high performing teams. Explore your career opportunity with Catholic Charities. Join us in Inspiring Hope and Building Futures.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington values the safety of our employees, our clients, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are up to date with your COVID vaccinations, including the booster dose or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington.
JOB SUMMARY:The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care as directed by clinicians. The position completes referral and patient navigation tasks as directed by clinicians and the clinic director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Act as clinical support to clinicians by completing patient intakes, preparing rooms for exams, collecting and testing samples, and performing procedures and tests under the direct supervision of clinicians.
* Execute all necessary tasks for the collection and proper processing of blood samples, including venipuncture, order transmission, and ensuring correct identification and handling.
* Administer vaccines and tuberculosis tests as ordered by clinicians.
* Manage documentation and organization of patient charts including verification of patient eligibility and managing faxes.
* Perform patient navigation duties to include the coordination of Healthcare Network patients, assisting patients in identifying cost-effective resources for medication, supplies, radiology studies, and specialist appointments; make appointments for patients as needed; and guide patients through the processes of accessing outside resources.
* Assist in training and supporting of volunteers and students.
* Provide operational support to the clinic by cleaning and restocking clinical areas and identifying need for additional supplies.
* Participate in staff meetings and in the quality improvement process.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma.
* Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant.
* Experience working with the Latino community.
* 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
* Bilingual (English/Spanish).
* Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Works
- Microsoft Windows
- Quality Management