To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Urbandale, IA 50322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Hope Ministries- ENCORE Thrift Store • Urbandale, IA
Posted 18 days ago
Department: Thrift Ministry
Position Description: Retail Manager
Primary responsibilities include providing strong leadership, supervision and administrative support in the areas of staffing, business development, donation receipt, merchandising, customer service, community outreach and recycling at the ENCORE Thrift Store. Other duties related to thrift store operations will be expected as well, including duties associated with: marketing and promotion, volunteer coordination, work groups, work therapy programming & expanding our donor and customer network.
- Staff retail locations including hiring, training, yearly evaluations, timesheets & disciplinary procedures
- Provide accurate reporting of P&L to the Director of HR & Community Outreach Operations
- Provide strong leadership and guidance which support a profitable and efficient operation
- Work in a spirit of cooperation and mutual assistance with all other staff members of Hope Ministries and the ENCORE Thrift Store
- Provide operational support in all areas
- Communicate with and schedule recyclable loads with vendors within our buyer network
- Ensure that the store is merchandised in a customer friendly manner and is clean and orderly at all times
- Ensure that production goals are met and maintained
- Support, communicate and implement Hope Ministries safety initiatives amongst those who report to you.
- Maintain a network of Kings Closet churches and organizations to effectively distribute clothing and shoes to people in need
- Develop online channels to sell items
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of all social media utilized at ENCORE Thrift Store
- Maintain and support a clean, safe, and friendly environment for customers, volunteers, donors, work therapy participants and employees at all times
- Report items which need repair or replacement to the Director of HR & Community Outreach Operations
- Oversee the donation receipting and in-kind valuation and reporting processes
- Market and promote ENCORE Thrift Store
- Monitor facility security system
- Handle and secure store funds
- Carry, maintain, and utilize a company-provided cell phone or smart phone to conduct the responsibilities of this position to include: being reachable during business and off hours during weekdays and weekends should the need arise and checking and responding to emails or text messages in a timely manner to ensure that priorities are met.
- Participate in the spiritual growth and Christian instruction of those whom Hope Ministries serves. This can include (but is not restricted to) personal mentoring, the sharing of Scripture and Biblical encouragement, and praying with program participants, donors and volunteers. This may be in a structured setting (i.e., a classroom or chapel), or unstructured, with individuals as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of HR & Community Outreach Operations
- Spiritual Qualifications: Must have a lifestyle that demonstrates moral and ethical adherence to the teachings of the Bible and an expressed desire to minister to those who are poor, needy and homeless.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors' degree preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Two or more years of retail sales experience required. Two or more years' experience in supervision and team leadership in a retail environment preferred. Ability to lift 25-40 lbs. Excellent public relations skills with all constituents. Previous marketing and/or outside sales experience preferred.
- Specific Skills: Proven track record of leadership - Ability to stay organized – multi-tasking – flexible – outgoing – detail oriented – self-starter –effective written and verbal communication –strong computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office 2010 programs: Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
Reports to: Director of HR and Community Outreach Operations