To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mission Viejo, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant- CPA- Ensign Services
Ensign Services • Mission Viejo, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ensign Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant to play a key role in our growing company, as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding heath care services client base across the United States. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years of Big 4 Accounting Firm experience, and be a CPA. The Senior Accountant will have a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process and balance sheet review and analysis for numerous locations. This position is based in ESI’s Mission Viejo, California Service Center.
We are the National Leader in a Stable, Growing Industry!
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 215 long-term care facilities , 40+ home health and hospice agencies, and other affiliated entities with over 20,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
• C – Celebration
• A – Accountability
• P – Passion for Learning
• L – Love One Another
• I – Intelligent Risk Taking
• C – Customer Second
• O – Ownership
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The Senior Accountant position is very important in our organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
• Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for the month-end financial close of 10-12 locations.
• Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with field locations and Controller.
• Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close.
• Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
• Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
• Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with centers to ensure completeness.
• Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
• Ad hoc Projects
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (CPA Strongly Preferred)
• 2-3 years Big-4 Accounting firm experience
• Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
• Strong Excel skills preferred
• Great Plains experience preferred
• Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
• Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
• Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
• Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
This full time, salaried position is based at the Mission Viejo Service Center:
Ensign Services, Inc.
27101 Puerta Real
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
For more details, please go to www.ensignbenefits.com
The location for this position is as follows:
The Ensign Services, Inc.
27101 Puerta Real, Suite 450
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.