Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
ARMA-Global is a full service integrator focused on both government and commercial clients. We bring extensive real-world experience in overseeing the design, implementation, execution and ongoing support of domestic and international programs. With the mounting global complexity of the war on terror, ARMA-Global prides itself in providing creative solutions to client challenges. Our customers and industry partners appreciate the flexible solutions ARMA-Global provides through tightly integrated core lines of business.
This position requires a broad range of non-standard communications knowledge. Analyze and evaluate programs and/or project portfolios throughout the acquisition lifecycle. Utilize industry best practices in the collection and analysis of data for unique communications systems or other defense or homeland related information systems including cost, schedule and risk. Interface and liaise with clients in the collection and documentation of requirements and capability gaps from users and field operators. Coordinates with technical teams and leadership to ensure user requirements are met. Participates in testing and deployment of solutions. Develops reports and analyzes performance metrics and documents results. Recommends short- and long-term technical solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of systems and customer programs.
- Will work as the Site lead supporting all Special Communication and Cyber requirements directly from our customer.
- Coordinates with functional teams and users to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs management of appropriate developments in technical support efforts.
- Evaluates existing and emerging IT products and services for appropriateness.
- Participate and in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex technical solutions. Coordinates activities with technical operations personnel as appropriate.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as a technical operations subject matter expert and user champion on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Conduct and assist in technical operations planning and ICD-304 coordination
- Utilize ECN and associated networks to draft and coordinate technical cables
- Serve as a Technical Operations Subject Matter Expert and advisor
- Assist in the development of plans, concepts, and employment of non-standard communication systems
- Conducts system security planning and provides security documentation support.
- Conducts qualitative/quantitative risk assessments.
Manages the analysis, administration, and maintenance of telecommunications systems. Manages non-exempt and exempt staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience in addition to 5-7 years of military / US Government experience
- In lieu of bachelor's degree must have 10 15 years of military experience in communications related fields
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Executive and staff-level briefing and technical writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Military Decision Making Process (MDPP)
- Understanding of Project Management to include risk management, mitigation plans, resource allocation and documentation efforts
- Skilled in standard approaches in gathering, analyzing and articulating user requirements
- Experience in counterintelligence support to the development and deployment of specialized non-standard military communications systems.
Ability to effectively convey military Special Communications (SC) requirements consisting of analysis during program/project development, coordinating attendance records, preparation of
- meeting minutes, publishing of action items supporting acquisition, and program and financial/budgetary issues.
- Ability to conduct/coordinate technical reviews, equipment training, and implement solutions as directed
- Experience providing support to Sensitive Activities conducted by SOF units or Commands at the O-6 level or above (Group, TSOC, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of direct support to SOF units or commands
- Familiar with Windows OS, Macintosh OS, Linux, Android, and iOS systems
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists.
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies.
- Operational understanding and practical expertise with Intelligence Community Directive 503 (ICD 503) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework.
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.