Ready to advance your career as a Healthcare Accountant? Now is your chance to work with a top-ranked health system in Ohio.
The Healthcare Accountant will be a full-time, permanent employee of a large health system in Ohio. With 40+ locations, this health system offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services across an array of specialties. The Healthcare Accountant will be based out of the flagship hospital that is known for their ongoing clinical trials, advanced research, world-class specialists, teaching program, advanced technology, and state-of-the-art facilities. Through utilizing a team oriented, patient centered approach, the Healthcare Accountant will be an employee of a renowned system that continues to maintain a high employee retention rate and excellent patient satisfaction scores.
The Healthcare Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of financial information. Financial information must be recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Reporting to the Manager Accounting Services, the Healthcare Accountant assists in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements by recording financial transactions in the general ledger system, reconciling and analyzing balance sheet and income statement accounts, and resolving unreconciled items on a timely basis. The Healthcare Accountant focuses primarily on medium-level risk areas, and accounting research may be required. In addition, this role reviews the work of staff accountants, provides training and mentoring to staff, and leads process improvement initiatives. Additionally, the Healthcare Accountant utilized numerous systems to complete your job assignments, including but not limited to Lawson, Blackline, GHX, and Perceptive Content.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Master’s degree preferred
Prefer candidates who have met the educational requirements necessary to sit for the CPA exam and are actively pursuing licensure or have CPA license
- Understands and effectively applies GAAP. Advanced skills in Word and Excel. Basic presentation/PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with providing accurate and timely financial statements by recording financial activity in the general ledger system through the creation of journal entries and the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Previous general accounting experience, preferred senior accounting experience in a hospital or healthcare setting
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to work well both independently and within a team and to communicate within and outside the department effectively.
- Prior experience reviewing the work of others and training staff preferred
- Highly attentive to details and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Lawson or PeopleSoft and Crystal reports preferred.
The hospital is located in southwest Ohio, in a city filled with families and young professionals. Ranked one of the best places to live, the Healthcare Accountant will be surrounded by an array of entertainment, endless dining options, and gorgeous national parks. With a great work-life balance, the Healthcare Accountant will enjoy visiting historic art museums, biking along the Ohio River, and cheering on the NFL Cincinnati Bengals. The Healthcare Accountant also has the option to reside in one of the surrounding suburbs of Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana.
Join a progressive healthcare organization known for their high employee retention rate as their Healthcare Accountant. This hospital is actively interviewing and prepared to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, full suite of healthcare benefits, 401K match, generous PTO accrual schedule, tuition reimbursement, savings plan options, a potential relocation or sign on bonus to qualified candidates, and more! Don’t wait, advance your career and apply today!
- Attention To Detail
- Balance Sheet
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Crystal Reports (Reporting Software)