Kelly Services is now seeking an experienced Materials Planner in Charleston, WV to join a leading electric utility company on a one-year assignment. Please review the position profile and qualification requirements to see if you'd be a good fit!
- Review material requests and assist others in reviewing material requirements to support the business needs of Distribution, Transmission or Generation.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Operations to keep current on upcoming more complex projects for assigned Business Unit.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Expediting and Procurement to ensure that material is available to support construction/maintenance needs of assigned Business Unit. Works under supervision.
- Review material requests and assist others in reviewing material requests to determine the cost effectiveness of fulfilling orders from Suppliers or inventory located throughout AEP s service territory.
- Monitor open material requests and/or purchase orders to proactively identify material that will need to be expedited and/or alternately sourced.
- Monitor daily inventory reports for exceptions.
- Train others on the Materials Management system as needed for facilities supported.
- Act as a liaison for the central Materials Management team to provide feedback regarding the implementation and performance of inventory management strategies.
- Continuously review Materials Management processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor the results of measures/metrics and take appropriate corrective action needed to ensure that Supply Chain and Business Unit goals are achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Procurement, or Accounting/Finance.
- OR an Associates Degree in one of the same disciplines and 2 additional years of experience in supply chain, distribution, transmission, generation, or related business experience.
- OR a High School Diploma/GED and 4 additional years of experience in supply chain, distribution, transmission, generation or related business experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Supply Chain, Distribution, Transmission, Generation, or related business experience, including two 2 years of satisfactory work experience in the Material Coordinator Associate position or similar position, in addition to any years of experience indicated above.
* A limited number of applications will be considered for this position, so apply today for immediate consideration!
• You can apply directly to this posting (PLEASE INCLUDE AN UPDATED RESUME) or by emailing your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Material Coordinator
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.