Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Clinical Research Coordinator I (CRC I) supports the clinical departments and the Central Research Department (CRD) conducting research at Northside Hospital. Responsibilities involve patient registration, data collection, data submission, adverse event reporting, patient follow-up, records management, regulatory reporting, quality assurance and other activities related to research. The CRC I works closely with the Research Team to complete all research required services. Additionally, the CRCI will assist the Research Finance Team to facilitate accurate patient registration and billing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review and verify subject eligibility based on study inclusion/exclusion criteria
* Identify, recruit and screen potential clinical study participants
* Obtain informed consent from patients in coordination with the Investigator
* Coordinate clinical care with investigator pursuant to the protocol, and in accordance with hospital policy
* Coordinate, and perform, clinical procedures during research visits (i.e. vital signs, blood draws, EKGs, drug administration, drug dispensing, and other clinical activities as necessary and capable) in conjunction with appropriate training/certification and following hospital policy. Assists clinical staff responsible for research patient visits to complete the research requirements
* Coordinate diagnostic tests including laboratory tests, radiologic tests, and other tests required by the study
* Coordinate the collection and processing of research specimens: blood, urine, tissue, etc., to ensure adherence of protocol requirements
* Identify, evaluate, and complete all adverse events and severe adverse events and report accordingly with the assistance of the research team
* Secure patient records and source documentation for sponsor monitoring and internal/external audits
* Communicate with study sponsors in collaboration with the research team and investigator
* High school diploma or equivalent with at least five (5) years of relevant work experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator; OR Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing with one (1) year relevant work experience in a clinical setting AND a.) Current and unencumbered licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Georgia b.)Current and valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider CPR & AED Program card OR Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in a data driven research - related field (such as allied health, biological sciences, chemistry, economics, mathematics, psychology, sociology, demography, geography, anthropology, statistics, data science) with up to one (1) year of work experience in a clinical or healthcare setting
* If not Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) at time of hire, must achieve professional certification through the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) by deadline assigned to specific work location.
* Proficient in computer systems with expertise in use of Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheets, database and word processor applications.
* Two (2) years relevant work experience in a clinical or healthcare setting as a Clinical Research Coordinator
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support