To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS Capital Engineering Specialist
UPS Professional • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Industrial Engineering (IE) Specialist to join our team. If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The IE Specialist is responsible for providing support to numerous groups within the IE function. He/she assists in conducting data gathering and analysis to support the work measurement and operational planning activities of the IE Supervisors. The IE Specialist compiles data, develops reports, conducts periodic audits, and produces forecasts. He/she also participates in time study and operational improvement activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gathers and analyzes data necessary to develop work measurement
- Maintains data within operating plans to highlight conditions and areas for potential change
- Verifies the proper application of work measurement to ensure accuracy
- Conducts audits to identify areas and processes not in compliance with standards
- Discusses and records non-compliant exceptions
- Develops action plans and obtains management corrective action commitments
- Assesses the impact of long and short range forecasts on operating plans
- Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests and utilizes various programs to compile statistical reports
- Maintains forecasts, operating plans, and tracking spreadsheets for future reference
- Develops annual staffing projections based on trends
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail oriented with ability to make projections, provide recommendations and solutions, and understand operational impact
- Critical thinker with research skills to identify trends, and analyze statistical and qualitative data
- Understands operational barriers and failures, and identifies/improves designs, methods, processes, and flows through collaboration
- Technical minded with ability to resolve issues related to information systems reporting, report generation and storage, customized reports, and data integration, and writes complex queries and creates databases as needed
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field - Preferred
- Industrial Engineering experience - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software - Preferred
- Experience using advanced Access and Excel functionalities, (Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.) - Preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP Master Data setup and/or exposure to enterprise level testing or ERP platforms - Preferred
- Flexible with ability to work shift hours, weekends, and travel as needed - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law